March 28, 2024, 10:23:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Visualize parameters names and values on MIDI control center  (Read 2328 times)

Sansone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Visualize parameters names and values on MIDI control center
« on: September 20, 2014, 10:04:35 am »
I tried to find a solution for my needs of visualize names and values of parameters mapped on beatstep (but also other products from arturia).
16 bank of memory mean that I can map 256 parametres to the knobs but I can't visualize their names and values so it's messed up a bit.
I've also a second screen laptop or an IPAD (and Idisplay) and I can extend the screen to two or more screen but the problem is with MIDI control centres, it's not like automap, parameters names and its values it's not visible.
How can I do? Is there another similiar software like MIDI control center allow to do this with Arturia products?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:20:05 pm by Sansone »

syrupcore

Re: Visualize parameters names and values on MIDI control center
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 10:35:42 pm »
No, it doesn't display values like Automap.

Short of that, I'd appreciate being able to label the knobs/pads by hand within the automap software. When in sync mode and I switch to a preset on the hardware, those values would get updated on the screen. The preset format would support (just XML) but there's only so many hours in a day for the devs.

Sansone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 11:16:07 am »
Beatstep with Midi control center would be a much better products than the Novation with Automap if the devs will  improve the sofware with these things.
Everybody own an android mobile phone or more luckies own an Ipad, with a simple program like Idisplay, we could expand the screen and we have our own lcd portable screen for exploit to the max arturia products.
I hope this will happen in the future.

moonra

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 09:50:22 am »
+1

I also use an ipad as a display for automap window and it is very useful. An equivalent for Arturia products and especially the beatstep would be a GREAT HELP !

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 11:28:24 pm »
Would a MIDI monitor help until something a little more pleasing comes along?  I find Insert Piz Here's MIDI Monitor a handy VST:  http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiMonitor

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines