March 28, 2024, 10:24:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton Live 9 doesn't have MiniLab as a control surface  (Read 3425 times)

lkngro

Ableton Live 9 doesn't have MiniLab as a control surface
« on: September 18, 2014, 10:00:47 pm »
Hey guys, I'm new here and I just bought a MiniLab as my first MIDI controller. My problem is that when I go into the preferences in Ableton Live 9, "MiniLab" is not an option for a control surface when I'm in the "MIDI sync" section. So I can't select my controller as a controller to Ableton. I tried updating the firmware to 2.0.3 (not sure on the numbers exactly, but it was 2.something), and it just sits a 0% when it gets to "updating." I don't know what the issue is. I've never dealt with a MIDI controller before so I need some knowledge dropped on me.

Thanks!

Heliacal Shimmer

Re: Ableton Live 9 doesn't have MiniLab as a control surface
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 05:52:15 am »
This controller doesn't seem to even have the basic transport controls, so it wouldn't do much good even if it could be selected from the list. You can still assign MDI to anything with ctrl+M (I use Live 9 as well).

mrpingu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 12:01:44 pm »
The downloads page on the Arturia site has a script for Live 9 that you can install. It gives the Minicab control over Live's instruments, mixer and effects using the knobs, as well as transport using the pads.

g.

Vihar Meshram

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 11:47:02 am »
i copied the ableton patch for minilab in the Package Contents of Ableton...the name "Arturia Minilab" is visible in the control surfaces's list but I dont see the Purple Hand in the left corner of the instruments selected. The patch contains only a ".txt" file but when i saw other patches that are already installed in ableton, like apc20 or 40 the patch contained other type format files like ".pyc" or some thing i dont remember exactly

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines