March 19, 2024, 07:09:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: iSEM need 65 seconds to load on a newstart on iPad 2! Its not WOW  (Read 3296 times)

Thorben2S

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Arturia.

i just bought iSEM and I'm deeply impressed about the very good and structured GUI as well as the smooth workflow (if it is ready to use !!!) and last but not least his epic sound.
BUT, and this is a point that makes me a little bit angry and wondering to: it takes 65 seconds loading time on every "newstart" on iPad2...hm!

Really this is not acceptable (also not practible in the "mobile" world) because no any ohter synth, daw, drummachine i have on my iPad needs 65 seconds to load an a "newstart"

Pleaee please please fix it soon before I beginn to ignore iSEM...

Thanks ans Brgds
Thorben

Andynan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: iSEM need 65 seconds to load on a newstart on iPad 2! Its not WOW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 05:33:10 am »
Unfortunately do not hold your breath on this.  It appears as though iSEM is very low on Arturia's priority list.  It is practically unusable now in iOS8, with no Audiobus2 functionality and buggy Inter-app Audio, plus the very slow load time as you encountered. I've asked them and a fix is nowhere in the near horizon.  They simply have "noted the issues and put it on a list of things to potentially address in future updates."  Very non-committal.  Every other quality iOS synth maker has updated to iOS8 compatibility except Arturia. :'(

Andynan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 05:41:08 am »
UPDATE from Arturia support.  This is my most recent email from them:

"Hi Andrew,
For the iSem, a new update should be released in less than 2 months; it will ensure iOS8 and Audio Bus compatibility.
Concerning the iMini, an update should come before the end of the year.
Best regards,
Jerome
--
Technical Support inquiry
technical-inquiry@arturia.com"

So looks like we will be waiting on this for a while.

syrupcore

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 08:52:06 pm »
Not that it makes the wait any shorter but it should be noted that iOS versions of these apps are ported by contracted external developers, not Arturia staff. As such, Arturia is to a great extent at the mercy of their respective schedules.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines