April 18, 2024, 10:56:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SPARK 2 MIDI again NOT working in pro tools 11.1.2 or in Standalone!  (Read 1442 times)

rockshaman

SPARK 2 MIDI again NOT working in pro tools 11.1.2 or in Standalone!

Im sick and tired of being a beta tester for Arturia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have deleted all spark 2 prefs still no midi in stand alone or pro tools 11.1.2 on a PC in Windows 8!

I have uninstalled spark 2 - version 2.0.1 and now I get an error occurred while trying to copy a file the source file is corrupted! I got this file off Arturias website.

I guess Ill re down load off arturias website again.

Spark vintage and n ow spark 2 have been nothing but headache after headache and most importantly wasting my valuable precious time for hours upon hours now I have a film project I need to submit songs on Monday and I cant even get this spark 2 to work again. Ive message arturia tech support over and over and they still cant help me get this spark 2 to run stable for more than a day!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:51:32 am by rockshaman »

rockshaman

Re: SPARK 2 MIDI again NOT working in pro tools 11.1.2 or in Standalone!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:40:33 am »
Ok!!

I found solution!  And due to misguided info by Universal Audio tech with regards to their Apollo Quad! And due to tech at Avid both telling me misguided trouble shooting!

I lost a day and night of recording! UA tech told me to DELETE ASIO4 ALL. Said this is most likely causing conflict with Apollo driver! Avid tech basically doesn't even know what AISO4ALL is! And tells me its UA's issue to resolve my problems I was having with UA and Pro Tools 11.1.2 not coexisting peacefully! Meanwhile I also discover tonight that an Avid plugin Expand2 also does NOT work with my keyboard on! Im like what this has worked before too and not too mention this an Avid product so now I have to contact Avid and tell them this is NOT working either.

Meanwhile I deleted AIS4ALL but when I open my Arturia standalone synths and other third party plugins I see in MIDI settings I can choose from three drivers one says ASIO! I'm like I deleted ASIO why is still there?!

I go about my business a few days later that leads to today. Spark2 as you all know by now stopped working for me. Though Ive had so many different problems between spark vintage and now spark 2 but at least in the last month I got spark 2 running pretty good though its still way to sensitive for my professional likings especially when I add to an instrument track in pro tools and pro tools says NOT responding! And takes for ever to load! Or sometimes decides to crash my pro tools session!

I said whats changed in the last days? Oh yeah I was told to delete ASIO4ALL! I had the common sense to reinstall AISO4ALL. Low and behold spark 2 and Expand 2 both work again with my keyboard in pro tools 11.1.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im gonna give and earful to UA tech that's for sure telling me to delete ASIO4ALL and hes there lead tech floor manager no less there at UA!!!!!!!! His name is DAN!!!!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines