March 28, 2024, 09:28:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A few problems with Spark2 and Logic  (Read 1199 times)

mcasey1

A few problems with Spark2 and Logic
« on: August 09, 2014, 11:31:58 pm »
Spark has been a difficult thing for me to get working correctly in Logic.  To get Spark working as well as possible with Logic I attempted to follow the guide here:

http://downloads.arturia.com/downloads/support/howto/pdf/Spark/tuto_spark_1.7.1_logic_X.pdf

After navigating to the Click & Ports page I cannot see a listing for Spark1 Private In.  All I see is Spark1 Midi Out which I configured in my Mac's Audio/MIDI preferences as the IAC Driver.  I am attempting to resolve the issue of pads 9-16 and 1-8 triggering simultaneously.  Could anyone shed some light on what I need to do to get Spark1 Private In to show as an input in my MIDI Environment? 

Another question:

Is it possible to record the sequence into Logic by pressing record and letting the sequencer play (got that part down) and then automate multiple parameters (click, decay, etc.) on a second pass using the controller and Logics Write Automation mode without overwriting the MIDI notes laid down on the first pass?  I cannot seem to get the two takes (sequence and automation) to merge automatically and the second automation pass does a hard overwrite of any previous notes recorded from the Spark sequencer and deletes them completely.  I would like to be able to record notes and automation separately for enhanced control/multiple layer automation.  The same would apply for dragging and dropping MIDI patterns onto a MIDI track and then doing a pass over them automating parameters with the Sparkle controller. 

If anybody could help me out I would be so grateful.  I have had Sparkle and Spark 2 for a day now and I could see how great a creative tool it would be if I could suss these problems out.

mcasey1

Re: A few problems with Spark2 and Logic
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 11:44:48 pm »
Got the MIDI Environment figured out.  No more double sounds on 9-16! The writing automation performance question still lingers...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines