March 29, 2024, 07:16:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark improvement: using spark as sequencer for diffrent vst  (Read 4060 times)

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
hey there everybody
I wonder what kind of brilliant feature it would be, if you could controll a different vst by sparks hardware sequencer.
i was looking for a external sequencer vst for drums to controll kontakt and ez drummer within ableton, but there are just free plugins like "blib 100".
what i mean is  the function:  choose the notes inside of the seqencer because ez drummer uses the whole range of keys.

this feature inside of spark would be AWESOME! i mean most of the time i use my cdm controller just for spark, but I also use  multilayerd acoustic drum libarys.

I do not think that its to hard to implement, maybe within another dll (sparkmidiout.dll)

please join this conversation and greetings from berlin: leo

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark improvement: using spark as sequencer for diffrent vst
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 01:12:59 am »
I agree. I would love to be able to use the sparkle sequencer to sequence one of my other acoustic drum programs. In fact, I was just about to ask whether this can be done and how. I thought that the midi script posted previously would work, but I can't seem to get it going (I can load the script and select it as a controller, but the sparkle unit does not "initialize" (light up) and so the sequencer can't be used). Anyways: +1. Would be great.

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:16:02 am »
Others know better than I do, but I thought that by selecting "yes" for pads/sequencers send midi in the preferences, with Sparkle running, it would send midi from the sequencer. But that doesn't seem to be the case, and anyways there is probably a simpler way of doing it. But hopefully Arturia or someone else who knows can help us out.

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 12:04:21 am »
without any question thta feature would be great!
the software is already there, just need to be tweaked a bit.
appart from our usage arturia would get new users!!!

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 10:00:30 am »
Hi all , just seen this post and not sure what you want to do ,but i use my spark cdm via the software to trigger other vst plugins .its quite simple to set up .
i use cubase 7.5 but its the same for other daws

load spark and your other plugin you want to control i use geist a lot.
on the midi input on the guest track  have only spark-out
turn the volume down on spark sync spark to daw so it plays when your daw starts
now the spark sequence should be playing geist .if not find out what notes you want to trigger in geist and in the pads in spark gui change the midi learn .buy  cmd click change to the note you want.
the sequence will now play geist.

hope this is clear if not ill make a video when i get time .

regards

terry

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:16:40 am »
Hi, actucally you described a way of using it, but you´re not able to set the notes for triggering different instruments.
you could achieve this feature while using spark in "midi controller mode" but you always have to open up the midi control center, to change the note outs.

a solution for me would be: second vst (same engine when it comes to midi edeting; same GUI) but intended to controll third party plugins

after using the external midi vst, you just disconect and use spark 2 again, as like you are using two spark vsts in one project

I hope arturia will implement this, would be great!
cheers leo

Franvu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 06:11:49 pm »
Hi,
    Leo your idea is too good. I have Sparkle, minilab, analog lab and v collection 3.0.
    I would pay to be able to sequence the v collection with the spark. I would love this feature but I think that is impossible for now.
Cheers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines