April 16, 2024, 11:34:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is Logic Pro X and Keylab 25 as a Midi Controller a good choice? Problems etc. ?  (Read 11467 times)

ShaunScott

Hi folks,

i just bought the Keylab 25, producing with Logic Pro X and use OS X 10.8.5

My problem is I cannot download the new firmware as I can't register the product yet. I asked the guys in the shop if it is fully integretable to Logic via presets.
But they didnt know, so I wanted to figure it out myself, but can't get this lovely MIDI keyboard to work properly. In case it just doesnt work for me I want to give it back ;-(

I looked into all the Forums and all the installation manuals and tried out a lot of things but the only thing that works yet is the keys.
I guess it will hopefully works for the delievered arturia software, but my main usage will be the proper use of all my other Synthesizers as well.
Creating for each Synth a completely new manually programmed MIDI setting to use all faders and knobs is a no go for me and not handy at all.
I tried the MIDI Center and so on.

I used the Novation Remote 25 SL MK2 before and it worked great. Connecting, presets, automatic configuration. bamn it worked great. But i love the Arturia as well
http://www.thomann.de/gb/novation_remote_25_sl_mkii.htm

It would be so great if you can gimme some heads up and ideas what I am maybe doing wrong or if my dream of the usage with logic is and will be still not doable at all.

best and many thanks

Michael

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
Hi Michael!

Here's a download link which includes:
- a Keylab 25 template project for Logic
- a quick start on how to setup your Keylab 25 under Logic

http://downloads.arturia.com/downloads/support/howto/pdf/KeyLab/Keylab-Logic%20files.zip

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

J.

bobby555

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Michael.
There are some good posts on how to fix your problem. I'm not good at explaining things like some people.
 I suggest you read one particular post from some time ago titled "I did it".
The problem is with Microsoft and their inability to recognise that people do use midi and from windows 7 they took out midi controls.
It's an easy fix so go to it. I have a keylab 49 and it was well worth the effort to get it going.
Barry

supergirl36

Hi folks,

My problem is I cannot download the new firmware as I can't register the product yet. I asked the guys in the shop if it is fully integretable to Logic via presets.
But they didnt know, so I wanted to figure it out myself, but can't get this lovely MIDI keyboard to work properly. In case it just doesnt work for me I want to give it back ;-(

I looked into all the Forums and all the installation manuals and tried out a lot of things but the only thing that works yet is the keys.
I guess it will hopefully works for the delievered arturia software, but my main usage will be the proper use of all my other Synthesizers as well.
Creating for each Synth a completely new manually programmed MIDI setting to use all faders and knobs is a no go for me and not handy at all.

I used the Novation Remote 25 SL MK2 before and it worked great. Connecting, presets, automatic configuration. bamn it worked great. But i love the Arturia as well

It would be so great if you can gimme some heads up and ideas what I am maybe doing wrong or if my dream of the usage with logic is and will be still not doable at all.

best and many thanks

Michael

Thanks for your question. I switched from Live to Logic Pro X recently. The V-Collection is the best, but my Novation keyboards don't work with nothing in Logic. So i'm getting a Keylab. Keep us posted with your recent experience with the help of Jerome. Thanks.

supergirl36

Hi folks,

best and many thanks

Michael

Do the transport buttons work ? Thanks.

hobbymusician

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
my key lab 49 works fine in logic X. I'm running osx 10.9.4 my key lab also has the latest firmware. I just plugged in key lab and, boom, logic recognized it immediately.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines