April 16, 2024, 05:14:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Song mode bugs in Cubase 7.5  (Read 1530 times)

emezez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Song mode bugs in Cubase 7.5
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:38:12 am »
I'm having a lot of problems with the song mode.
First of all the manual says that you can have up to 16 patterns per chain. I haven't figured out how to get more than 8.
2. The manual says that for windows CRTL + drag n' drop copies. On my Windows 7 setup it's ALT + drag n' drop that copies.
3. The SHIFT + select for multiple selection is very inconsistent. If I want to select the entire chain I have to select each pattern individually with the SHIFT button pressed. Even so many times when I want to select multiple patterns it suddenly ends up shifting the the last pattern I selected with the first pattern I selected. This happens randomly. ie. I want to select 8 patterns but on selecting the third it shifts the first and the third. Once I managed to select all the patterns of a chain and when I moved it it turned chain around: 12345678 became 87654321.
4. on moving a pattern from one spot in the chain to another. It took a pattern from another chain and put it in the spot I left.
5. The DEL + select doesn't work.
Request: Can you put an option to select and copy paste a whole chain without having to select every pattern in the chain?
Request 2: Is there a way to move the cursor in cubase and the have Spark songmode begin from that particular pattern and chain. So you don't have to start the track from the beginning every time you change something?

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Song mode bugs in Cubase 7.5
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 02:09:37 pm »
Hi emezez,
I am very sorry about the problem you are experiencing.
You are right it's impossible to have more than 8 patterns by chain. The manual is wrong here.

Shift + select is buggy that's right. The only workaround here is to select the patterns you want to drag one by one in the same order you want them...
I don't get you DEL+select problem could you please tell me more ?

I've put your requests in our base. We will discuss them.
Thank you
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:03:15 am by ben arturia »
.......testing.......

emezez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 10:12:14 pm »

Thanks for a quick response :)
The manual says that you can select a pattern and then delete it by pressing the keyboards delete button. That's how I understand it anyway. But it doesn't work for me.
-regards Michele

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 09:15:09 am »
Ok i see !
It seems that Cubase is blocking the DEL from keyboard.
Thanks !
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines