March 28, 2024, 03:43:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to copy a sequence from one pattern to another (snare in A1 -> snare in A2)?  (Read 5472 times)

atimchak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi guys - I almost can't believe I'm asking this, because it must mean I'm missing something simple, but after looking at the manual, the full 16 pages of posts, and youtube videos, the only solution I could find about copying a snare sequence from one pattern to another is to drag the midi from one sequence to the desktop, change patterns, then copy the midi file back into the target pattern.  The problem is, at least in Logic 8, this didn't work for me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Alex

currentmusik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Same thing here, I imagine this is an easy step, just can't find it....

C.

rutgeranton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yep I am looking for the same thing. But you're not gonna tell me that of all the 55 views and moderators on this forum no-one can answer this question? It seems that this is a function everyone uses or needs.

Lisapower1

I would say, good question?

I don't used this feature never, but this i a very welcome feature!

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Hi all,
this is currently not possible.
Sorry for that. We are thinking about finding a good workflow for that (both with software and hardware).
Any suggestion would be welcome.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

rutgeranton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thanks for the response. One way would be to press 'select-erase' (copy function for patterns and banks) and then press a pad and after that press the corresponding pattern to get the sequence copied.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
That's what we had in mind :).
It seems that this is the most obvious way.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

atimchak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Kevin - thanks for your reply.  I like the hardware idea, and for software, right clicking on a sequence or pattern part, and giving the option to copy the 1. pattern only 2. pattern plus automation 3. automation only.  Then paste within the same pattern or another pattern bank.  This option would seem to make it easy to be specific as well - you could enable all automations or only a few (the ones you want to copy), then copy: pattern plus automation and paste.  So if you have automation written for aux 1 and filter cutoff, but only want to copy the aux send, you could do disable the filter automation, then copy and paste along with the snare pattern. 

This seems like it would be possible in some way via hardware as well - press pad for sequence to copy, then press select then erase then new pad to copy pattern only.  For pattern plus automation copying, press pad for sequence to copy, then press select then erase then or plus accent to copy pattern AND automation, then press another (target) pad.

That would open up whole new worlds - not only would it simplify workflow for copying a pattern part, you could apply one pattern part's automation to another track within the same pattern or another pattern in a different bank very easily.  This would make it sooo easy to have whole new rhythm parts and movement without having to change samples.

PLEASE include this in 1.8!

Thanks again for addressing this!  I honestly think this would make Spark TOTALLY unstoppable in terms of flexibility.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:16:56 pm by atimchak »

currentmusik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
 ;D

Nice! Waiting for the update then. Thanks!

c.

rutgeranton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Well it has been almost a year since the last post and I'm wondering if there was any progress made relevant to the function described, maybe there is an update or something that made this possible? Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines