March 29, 2024, 04:23:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: spark 2 - what have you done here arturia?  (Read 3176 times)

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
spark 2 - what have you done here arturia?
« on: June 27, 2014, 01:29:52 pm »
hey there!

the list of bugs i've found on the new update is toooo long.

but here are the most annoying things to me:

the shortcuts on the controler don't work anymore (shift + 1 = main window, shift + 2 = sequenzer and so on)

loading time in the library is so slow, sometimes i'm feeling like i could just go out and smoke a cigarette while the sound is loading... when i'm in the library mode and change any other parameter or touch anything on the controler, the sound is deletet automaticly and i first have to load another sound, before i can go back and again load the sound i actualy wanted.

i've done plenty of different new projects since i've got the update. yesterday i wanted to open it and all of them are deleted. sometimes in the last few days i often had the problem, that my samples weren't saved and some of the pads were empty the next time i loaded the project. Now i can't even find the whole project anymore!

When i start spark it often tells me, that some samples couldn't be found in the library and i have to look manually for the correct files. that happens even when i open one of the original spark projects!

loading time takes way too long.

all of a sudden even some of my midi-tracks in ableton 9 seem to be effected by the spark - how is this even possible? (i've allready checked the preferences in ableton and i don't even use the spark as midi-controler for ableton - it's deactivated)

effects: everytime i open a project, some of the sounds sound totaly different. i've found out, that some of the effects never sound the same. so when i load a sound and put e.g. a distortion to it. the next time i take exactly the same sound and the same distorion, but it sounds totaly different. when i change some of the effect-parameters there's this annoying noisy sound as if you have a hardware-effect and the knobs and faders are broken. Also the tube distortion effect doesn't work at all.

the list goes on and on... seriously! what were you guys thinking when you brought out spark 2? that's no workflow anymore! i loved spark up to  v.1.7 (or whatever the last version before 2.0 was) now i just want to take that whole sh*t and throw it out the window! how can you sell such a buggy software??? now that controler has become some useless garbage on my desk!

how long will it take to upgrade to a version where all the functions work the way they should? at least i've paid my hard earned money for a product that doesn't work correct right from the beginning. you can't tell me, that you didn't know about all those bugs, when you decided to sell spark v.2 officialy!

i'm realy pissed off!

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: spark 2 - what have you done here arturia?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 10:02:15 am »
Hi Jay Bits,

Most of the problems you describe here had been fixed in 2.0.1 build 400....
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/updates.html#spark
Could please check what is the version you are running ?
I understand your  bitterness if you still encounter those bugs.
Let's try to find what's wrong here !

.......testing.......

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:40:02 am »
i had the 2.0.1 Beta - but i'm not sure which build (could have been something around 300, i guess?)

honestly i'd rather stay on v1.7.1 - as this version was running without any noticable problems so far. i can live without that modular-mode.

just let me know, if v2.x.x is running without any bugs in the future. i'm using spark on stage and the worst thing that ever could happen is that the software crashes during a live perfomance in front of an audience (which has also happened to me) I just want to go to a gig without this uncomfortable feeling, that my equipment doesn't behave the way it should...

nevertheless i realy love the spark. so please keep working on it!!!

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 08:59:11 am »
Hi Jay Bits,

We are really sorry if you still encounter some bugs.
Please try latest build 400 and let me know.
Don't worry we are still working on Spark ! ;)
.......testing.......

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 06:21:21 pm »
I hate to bring up an old thread, but I have a serious problem with spark in the same way as the original poster.  I actually just had the beginning of my set screwed up last night by spark and it's weird saving of projects. Spark randomly deletes/loses user projects and kits I spend hours developing. I have no idea what happens to them. I always check my projects before a live show so I won't have problems. Everything looks cool, I start my set and the first project I needed was all screwy! I couldn't find samples, it randomly mixed in elements from another project (that I didn't even load yet). WTF?

Spark is great fun, but not good when you need to do serious work. Arturia, please get with it.

(also, please fix your website. Old links like the one mentioned above by ADMIN are long dead/missing.  hmmm........ no updates to spark since june with LOADS of debugging still ahead)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:23:05 pm by 019297 »

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »
if anyone is listening, to update my last post:

I did not lose any data for that live set. My stuff is fine. the problem is the little "quick project browser" on the main spark page (the one with the <> arrows).

Sometimes, when I cycle projects in this browser, it randomly won't load. I will just land on a project and it will just keep the last project loaded. If i try again, it usually works. I wanted to use these shortcuts to get through a live set quicker, but I guess I can't.

Can this get fixed? I'm glad my stuff didn't get lost.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines