April 19, 2024, 05:45:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Use BeatStep's polyphonic aftertouch in Ableton Live 9  (Read 4054 times)

pcky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Use BeatStep's polyphonic aftertouch in Ableton Live 9
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:19:07 pm »
Hi,

is there any way to make use of the polyphonic aftertouch in Ableton Live 9 instruments?

It really seems that Live 9 just supports channel pressure which they're calling aftertouch for example in the Sampler instrument.

The following article describes a tool which translates midi aftertouch events to CC messages: http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/10/02/unlock-the-power-of-aftertouch/

In my view it would be a great if there will be an option in the control center to assign the pad pressure to poly aftertouch or channel pressure.

Thanks,
Marko
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:46:14 pm by pcky »

pcky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Use BeatStep's polyphonic aftertouch in Ableton Live 9
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:11:19 pm »
Hi again,

after some experiments with aftertouch on Ableton Live 9 and FL Studio 11 I realized that's in general a bad idea to control the same parameter like cutoff or pitchwith aftertouch from multiple pads as there is no way to assign the aftertouch event to a dedicated parameter just for this pad note. If you are pressing two or more pads at the same time, the different aftertouch midi messages will make the parameter jumping around.

So poly aftertouch makes basically sense as it works now, but untfortunatelly Ableton Live only handles channel pressure and FL Studio handles poly aftertouch like mono aftertouch (But it's already impressive that's possible to control every midi map-able parameter with aftertouch).

Is there a chance to implement a feature that lets you configure the pad pressure of each pad alternatively to aftertouch as CC? That would enable us to use the pad pressure like the knob encoders!

Let me know your thoughts.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines