March 28, 2024, 06:13:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: spark psu ?????  (Read 3021 times)

mcx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
spark psu ?????
« on: June 22, 2014, 03:40:15 pm »
does anyone know what psu i need as i got one from amazon ouput 9v 1.6 amp as per the instructions in the spark manual and the bloddy thing doesnt fit its too large for the small port in the spark why do arturia make things so difficult for the customer  i have now been completly put of from getting anymore arturia products as i was gonna get a 49 keylab but will get something else instead as i have had so many difficulties with arturia and i was going to get a beatstep to use with the spark as it would seem ideal but i doubt that this would work sorry arturia i love you but you make life so hard for your customers

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: spark psu ?????
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:10:36 am »
Hi,
I think you will find the answer here :)

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

mcx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:50:48 pm »
thanks for the answer kevin, but that site says obsolete item and its in america so an american plug doesnt help me thanks anyway, im sure some sort of adaptor must exist for my current plug, so far ive had no issues but im getting a new midi keyboard soon that doesnt come with a power option, usb only, if i have to many things running usb they might start not working properly, im sure if the spark was powered by a plug ill have less issues and the way i see  it if a product has an option for a power plug it should be really easy to get a psu for it if isnt supplied with the unit!!!! imagine if when you got a mobile your only option was to use a usb lead with pc that would be annoying, even though i love my spark i do regret buying it therefore there is no way i will get a keylab as a 49 keyboard sorry if this is a bit negative but its not asking much to have a psu that is either provided with the unit or if not it can use a psu that can be easily purchased

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 12:09:13 pm »
Hi may be try this.. http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-12w-acdc-multi-voltage-power-supply-l82bf
as the input is around 800Ma not 1.6amps

hope this helps
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

mcx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 01:37:26 pm »
thanks terry i was actually looking at that yesterday as i have a maplin near my work, im just hoping that the adaptors work with the plug i have if not ill just use that one cheers mate, sorry if my post was a bit negative, i had a hard week at work and dont get enough time to make my tunes, i guess my complaint was out of principle as its not just arturia but every music company has there drawbacks with the release of there equipment when theres little things that just annoy people,  akai are probably the worst!!! ill check out your soundcloud i think i saw your youtube vid when you were testing the beatstep before it got released :)

mcx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 01:43:45 pm »
terry had a quick listen i like your techllop beats regretfully im not into this style of music but i gave a few tracks a listen good stuff my man even though i dont like that style of music i can still respect it and your skill have a good weekend terry :)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 05:26:25 pm »
thanks for a listening .
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 09:49:28 am »
Hi

You could well get away with a 500ma 9v supply for the Spark. The minibrute says it needs a 1.0amp but under load it barely touches 500ma. This should be the same for the Spark.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

mcx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 12:38:27 am »
hi please ignore my above rant as i got an adaptor to go with the plug i ordered from amazon i got a 1.2 adaptor for £2 from maplin cheers for all your answers i wont delete above post as someone will come along with the same problem so maybe this will help them
i just assumed that the only 2 times it crashed was due to insuficent power not sure if im correct or not but its given me peace of mind :)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 12:25:17 pm »
Hi mcx

One thing I would say, if you are using Spark just for midi, (not connected via USB) then use an external PSU. If you are using it purely as a USB connected device, I wouldn't use an ext PSU. I would instead, connect it to a powered hub, or directly into the PC or Mac it is being controlled by.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7