March 28, 2024, 02:41:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LFO sync  (Read 2842 times)

Chi

LFO sync
« on: January 19, 2015, 05:54:02 pm »
Is it just me or does the LFO rate when synced to the sequencer not allow you to make adjustments in realtime without anomalies?

Namely a glitch as you adjust the rate knob as it changes value/division. The sound is pretty awfull like a pop or click similar to when your CPU maxes out in a DAW or audio interface ASIO spikes.

Strangely it does not occur when the master clock is not playing but only whils the clock is being sent otherwise it seems to step throught the values quite smoothly.

Thunderroad75

Re: LFO sync
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:16:41 pm »
I noticed on my microbrute using PWM with the triangle waveform as a modulation source that if the LFO is set to free run I can get a nice, smooth modulation speed getting faster as I turn the LFO rate knob to the right. When I turn the LFO rate to seq I notice there is glitching as I turn the LFO rate knob.

I think the Clocked LFO is divided into 4 different speeds and as you turn through into the next rate the clicks appear.

Chi

Re: LFO sync
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:33:25 pm »
Yes - this is the same for me with triangle or sine settings!

The manual states that the lfo when synced to the seq is in "performance" mode!!

How anybody is able to perform with such glitching is beyond me.  All it takes for this to work correctly is that the new division does not take affect until the lfo has completed its cycle.  This is how it has been implemented on many other synths so that it adjustments are musical and smooth under sync.

Either this is a fault with some units only (mine has other faults)or a bug that needs fixing.

Please address this Arturia.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines