March 29, 2024, 10:14:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bugs and/or feature requests!  (Read 1443 times)

Spain11

Bugs and/or feature requests!
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:46:06 pm »
Hi there,
Last week I bought Spark Le and I have been testing a bit on it. I think I found a few bugs (in case they are not please let me know the solution). Besides, I will also add a few feature requests which I think are interesting (plase don't kill me, it is a bit long). In case some bugs are not, sorry in advance ;)

Bug: When you choose Select->Roller  so as to put it on latch, the Roller light starts to flash but no roller is applied at all. If you turn it back to ouch mode it doesn't either. So as to have it working back again you have to click on another Global effect and come back to roller again. Then it works again (it's like as you change the Roller mode it forgets it is on Roller because it happens also the other way round, when ou go from Latch to Touch mode)

Bug: Maybe I am wrong but Pan/Level FX does never work as Touch mode, it constantly works as Latch mode. Even though you change it to touch it will keep

Bug/Feature request: Drag and drop doesn't work with Cubase 6.5 clips of audio (it does with Groove Agent One so it's not a matter of Cubase). You have to go to the folder where they are and drop them from the folder to Cubase and the to Spark. But it is difficult to do it since Spark dsapears when you change to another non-Cubase window (it happens with all plugins), and when you come back it is not there (unless you have a second monitor and you move it there...). Can you make it work directly from Cubase clips?

Bug: In the manual it says clicking on the jog dial, keeping it pressed and moving it lets you navigate through Project, kit, Instr and Disk, but this doesn't happen to me. I really need to access the Disk section with ease from the controller. Is it that it is not working for me?

Bug/Feature request: Why do my own samples sound so quiet? I have to turn the gain knob from the layer section all the way up as well as the volume section up to almost full. I have tried it with other samplers or drum players and there is no need to do that. This makesme trouble because I am using a lot of (really, a lot) distorsion when I create my own drum sounds but then when I move them to spark they loose all the sound. The idea is that what I insert on Spark is the pre-distorsion drum sound and then connect its output to my distorsion stage, but as the volume changes it becomes totally different, and to get it back to whenI made it I even have to insert gain stages before distorion, it is annoying. Please could you make that all samples inserted on Spark put by default the amount of volume they have originally? This means, thatyou don't have to change anything unless you want to.

Insignificant bug: The velo On/Off button doesn't lit on modes different from Sequencer. If you are on bank andyou click on it it doesn't lit and you have to go to the main screen to see if it is activated

Feature request: Global Fx such as slicer, reverse etc.. should be applied to all instruments despite their output. I mean, right now it only applies to the Master output but it would be great if they could be applied to all outputs at the same time (for those of us who use by need many outputs instead of one)

Feature request: Please an ultra-fast mode for the knobs!! to make it go from 0 to full in just a slow turn of the knob (now in fast I have to turn it around 3 to 4 times fastly to get from full to almost 0 which makes it unpredictable).

Feature request: Please could you make an option (ideally for each instrument separatedly) to either trigger the instruments as "one-shot" like they are now or also as "key hold"(this means, the note lasts for as long as you keep the pad pressed, and as soon as you release it it sends a note-off command and stops). I know there is the possibility to control the decay manually but it is not comfortable and sounds too manual. Furthermore, you ould have an option to set the duration of the notes on "one-shot" mode (again, it's very difficult to control it with the start and end localizers in the layer section). Ideally you could have a third option called "multi-shot" to trigger the sound full as you press the pad and to sum it to the previous sound if it is still sounding.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Bugs and/or feature requests!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:26:05 am »
hi,
thanks for this constructive post.
Please check my answers below,

Bug: When you choose Select->Roller  so as to put it on latch, the Roller light starts to flash but no roller is applied at all. If you turn it back to ouch mode it doesn't either. So as to have it working back again you have to click on another Global effect and come back to roller again. Then it works again (it's like as you change the Roller mode it forgets it is on Roller because it happens also the other way round, when ou go from Latch to Touch mode)

I looks like a big bad bug. :(

Bug: Maybe I am wrong but Pan/Level FX does never work as Touch mode, it constantly works as Latch mode. Even though you change it to touch it will keep

You are right, there is no touch mode for these parameters.
But the latch mode allow you to edit the parameters from the 2 first parameters knobs (P1 and P2).

Bug/Feature request: Drag and drop doesn't work with Cubase 6.5 clips of audio (it does with Groove Agent One so it's not a matter of Cubase). You have to go to the folder where they are and drop them from the folder to Cubase and the to Spark. But it is difficult to do it since Spark dsapears when you change to another non-Cubase window (it happens with all plugins), and when you come back it is not there (unless you have a second monitor and you move it there...). Can you make it work directly from Cubase clips?

I think we can not do anything here. If this is working with Groove Agent is because it is also a Steinberg product so they might have a custom protocol. Let me know if you know a non-Steinberg product that can do this.

Bug: In the manual it says clicking on the jog dial, keeping it pressed and moving it lets you navigate through Project, kit, Instr and Disk, but this doesn't happen to me. I really need to access the Disk section with ease from the controller. Is it that it is not working for me?

This has been improved in 2.0.1. It should be released soon.

Bug/Feature request: Why do my own samples sound so quiet? I have to turn the gain knob from the layer section all the way up as well as the volume section up to almost full. I have tried it with other samplers or drum players and there is no need to do that. This makesme trouble because I am using a lot of (really, a lot) distorsion when I create my own drum sounds but then when I move them to spark they loose all the sound. The idea is that what I insert on Spark is the pre-distorsion drum sound and then connect its output to my distorsion stage, but as the volume changes it becomes totally different, and to get it back to whenI made it I even have to insert gain stages before distorion, it is annoying. Please could you make that all samples inserted on Spark put by default the amount of volume they have originally? This means, thatyou don't have to change anything unless you want to.

This is a know issue of the default Sample Instrument in Spark. A workaround is to remove the bodshift in the modular view.

Insignificant bug: The velo On/Off button doesn't lit on modes different from Sequencer. If you are on bank andyou click on it it doesn't lit and you have to go to the main screen to see if it is activated

Thanks for reporting this one.

Feature request: Global Fx such as slicer, reverse etc.. should be applied to all instruments despite their output. I mean, right now it only applies to the Master output but it would be great if they could be applied to all outputs at the same time (for those of us who use by need many outputs instead of one)

This one has been requested a lot but doing it would impact CPU consumption a lot.

Feature request: Please an ultra-fast mode for the knobs!! to make it go from 0 to full in just a slow turn of the knob (now in fast I have to turn it around 3 to 4 times fastly to get from full to almost 0 which makes it unpredictable).

Feature request: Please could you make an option (ideally for each instrument separatedly) to either trigger the instruments as "one-shot" like they are now or also as "key hold"(this means, the note lasts for as long as you keep the pad pressed, and as soon as you release it it sends a note-off command and stops). I know there is the possibility to control the decay manually but it is not comfortable and sounds too manual. Furthermore, you ould have an option to set the duration of the notes on "one-shot" mode (again, it's very difficult to control it with the start and end localizers in the layer section). Ideally you could have a third option called "multi-shot" to trigger the sound full as you press the pad and to sum it to the previous sound if it is still sounding.

This one has also been requested a lot but it will require a lot of work. This is something we really want to add in the future.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines