March 28, 2024, 07:59:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab as a VST? What am I missing here?  (Read 7444 times)

dansant

Analog Lab as a VST? What am I missing here?
« on: May 29, 2014, 07:14:00 pm »
So I got a Keylab49 with Analog Lab this week. Everything's working fine in Analog Lab itself, but I can't seem to figure out how to use Analog Lab as a VST through other software? I use FL Studio 11 and just started using (a trial version of) Ableton Live 9. I'm on a PC. Is there something blatantly obvious that I'm completely overlooking? Be merciful - I'm new to DAWs and MIDI so there's a lot I don't know/understand just yet. Thanks in advance.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
Re: Analog Lab as a VST? What am I missing here?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:46:47 pm »
You may have to point the daws to the vst locations depending on where you have them installed

Using custom/extra folder

You could try to scan first and see if they can find it ableton should scan on start up but you can manually scan in file prefs

FL details are here

http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/basics_externalplugins.htm

Ableton you need to goto preferences file/folder tab

There is a button for rescan

If it still doesnt detect it below that button is another button to turn on VST plugin custom folder

Click that and below is a button to browse

Point it to the analog lab location

It will be Analog Lab.dll not an exe

You need to point to the correct .dll architechture 32bit/64bit depending on what daw version you have installed

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: Analog Lab as a VST? What am I missing here?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 12:39:18 am »
In Ableton once you click rescan then click the plug in buttons below that, they should read 'on' and turn yellow. (See pic) Generally there is no need to actually navigate to them as it finds them automatically. Under the default plug folders there's a custom folder of which you have the opportunity to point to a custom plug in folder if required. (Generally not needed)

Once that is ok, look on the left of your screen and you have a series of icons. Click the one that looks like a plug, in there will be a folder named VST. Under that VST plug in you should find Analog Lab at the top of your list. Drag that into the top segment of a midi track.

In the pane at the bottom of he screen you'll then see (at the far left) your Analog Lab plug in.

Hope that help
Stuart

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61