April 16, 2024, 02:55:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE lags in logic X when spark2 window open  (Read 2014 times)

gorthak

SparkLE lags in logic X when spark2 window open
« on: June 03, 2014, 12:02:35 pm »
Hi,

I cannot figure out how to use the SparkLe while having the window of Spark2 (version 2.0.0) opened in LogicX (playing) without experiencing a lag...

If i add anything in the sequencer while playing, it comes but only after a few seconds, same with the instrument parameters (P1, P2, P3), changing patterns.... The sound coming out of the Pad is working fine and comes straight after touching them. I have to precise that the lag is reduced (but still there) if i don't hit the play button on logic and that i just play with the SparkLE in logic still while the window of Spark2 is open.

If i close the Spark2 window (AU) then everything is normal and fast even when i play live with logic.

The problem doesn't occur while in standalone, my SparkLE is not connected via a Hub, just straight into the laptop.

My midi environnement (Click&Port) is configured with SparkLE connected to a new Midi Instrument and my "Audio Midi Setup" is configured with the IAC driver having the port "Spark1 Midi OUT"

Hoping someone can help :) Cheers

Specs :
MacbookPRO 15"
2.6 Ghz  i7
8 Go 1600 Mhz DDR3

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: SparkLE lags in logic X when spark2 window open
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 02:35:48 pm »
Hi,
I just tried it on Logic X and I can confirm this.
Can you just confirm that the lag is "only" graphics?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

gorthak

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 02:53:51 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Well not really only graphic.

For example i play a 4/4 loop with 4 kicks, if i add a fifth kick in the pattern by pushing one of the button on the sparkle OR by clicking on the spark2 one, the result is the same : it will take a few seconds before the button turns blue and then only it will play the fifth kick.

The pattenrs plays the sounds only when the software realise that i change something, the problem is that it takes too long to communicate it.

gen123456

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 05:09:53 am »
hi kevin I posted the same issue in a different thread, my controller lags as well, while standalone and in ableton, my specs are  : windows 7 dual chore 2.6ghz, 4 gigs of ram,64 bit operating, hp notebook.  when I hit a note or anything on the controller it takes like 2 second for it to register on the sequencer and I don't hear the sound for 2 second as well so the software is always behind my controller a few seconds

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:48:12 am »
I answered you on the other thread.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 01:23:16 am »
This is similar to what I'm experiencing in Live....not an audio lag but a graphics lag in the sequencer window.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 11:32:12 pm »
Any of you solved this problem?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines