March 28, 2024, 11:58:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton crash  (Read 5482 times)

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Ableton crash
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:27:17 pm »
SparkLE 2.0 crashed Ableton while previewing and loading drum instruments into one of my already created projects.  I also experienced very long wait times in just previewing sounds.  This was not an issue with 1.7 never had to wait it was instantanious.There were other issues too:  All I wanted to do was replace a snare sound and after loading and saving in standalone the snare I wanted was still not there and had to do this 3 times to get it to work. 

At this point I might as well be part of the Beta team because that's all I'm doing at this point...trying to get 2.0 to work.  If it meant that I could eventually enjoy this thing I'd be happy to.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:12:37 pm by Gothboy »
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Ableton crash
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 04:44:29 pm »
Hi Gothboy,
Could you please tell us more about this problem ?
Do you have latest 2.0.1 beta 3 ?
What is your exact version of live you are running ?
Could you please send your live project directly to sparkbetatest_@_arturia.com (remove_) ?
.......testing.......

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 02:06:48 am »
I don't know what else there is to say other than I'm having a ton of problems with this new software...first of all with having it sync to Live.  The whole of 2.0 is idiosyncratic and edging up to unworkable.  You can follow my other post here: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82432.0
Last night as I was just trying to load an Instrument and experiencing long wait times Live crashed and produced a crash report stating that SparkLE was the cause.

I don't have the Beta, have no idea how to get it either.  I have done Beta testing over the course of some years but stopped due to work and other priorities.

Running Live 9.1.2 32-bit

Tried emailing session keep getting this: Message not sent; The following addresses were not accepted: {0} SCC-1203
Message not sent; The following addresses were not accepted: sparkbetatest_@_arturia.com SCC-1204
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 02:32:26 am »
Just happened again:  VST in the session, tried to load via instr. button no response or Library window comes up had to call up the software via mouse.  No luck loading or previewing sounds even with mouse select.  Decided to load AU instead: Live goes down leaving this:

Ableton Live

A serious program error has occurred.
Live will shut down after this message box is closed.

Please restart Live and follow the instructions in the
'Report a Crash' lesson that will appear in Live's Help View.

Then I tried loading sounds as standalone: Crash

This is terrible.

I cannot work like this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:39:52 am by Gothboy »

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 11:02:42 am »
Hi

Did you remove both the  _  from the email address

(remove_) ?

I think they done this to stop robots spamming them

If you did then I don't know why you couldn't send it

Maybe use dropbox instead

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 12:06:48 pm »
This is terrible.

I cannot work like this.

Roll back to a version that did work for you. If you have live (ongoing) projects that require stable operation, don't install a brand new version of a product that is still being worked on. I know it's exciting to see a new version of something and it's nice to try it out, but not on your machine that you have ongoing projects on!? You're only asking for trouble.

If you are in the nice position where you have a laptop and a main audio workstation, install it on the laptop. Try it out and see if it works for you. Open projects and see if you can work for your requirements. If you're 1000 % sure, install it, if not continue to work as you have and keep trying updates on your laptop.

It makes for a far less stressful working day i can tell you ;)

Thanks, Stuart 
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 02:33:18 pm »

I don't have the Beta, have no idea how to get it either.  I have done Beta testing over the course of some years but stopped due to work and other priorities.

I am very sorry about the problem you are experiencing.
If you are willing to try the beta, you can find it here.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 02:43:17 pm »
Did you remove both the  _  from the email address
(remove_) ?

I did and it finally went through.

Thanks!

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 03:08:17 pm »
I have 1.7 on my Snow Leopard drive and 2.0 on a newer drive running Lion.  1.7 was no great shakes either and 2.0 is managing to work better with midi pattern change that's why I've been persisting in trying to work with it.  What's happening is that even though the sound is following Live the sequencer isn't reflecting it visually.
I started a new Live session and got the AU to connect for the 1st time.  The sequencer in 2.0 is still visually behind by about a 1/2 measure.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines