March 29, 2024, 11:21:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ableton script question  (Read 1496 times)

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ableton script question
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:02:35 pm »
Can someone walk me through setting up sparkle as a controller in ableton, such that I can use the 16 sequence buttons to trigger clips, say? Is that sort of thing possible, and if so, how?

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: ableton script question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 06:18:42 pm »
I am also still having old problems that I don't really understand or know how to fix. For instance, when I set the 8 pads to midi notes in midi control center, it sometimes happens that only some of them (pads 3-8) actually trigger midi notes, even though the settings are identical. Here is an observation that might help you help me: in ableton, when I play pads 3-8, the top right square in live, to the right of the "D" lights up, but when I play pads 1-2 (with identical settings in midi cc), the two squares next to "key" in the top right-hand corner also light up. in the former case, i can trigger a sound. in the latter case, i cannot. thanks in advance for any feedback with these elementary matters.

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 06:24:33 pm »
i fixed the previously mentioned problem by stopping the sparkle script that i had previously installed and activated, but i still would like to know about the first question of using sparkle hardware to trigger clips, etc. thank you.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 02:16:38 pm »
There is no official script for that.
Someone post a script on the forum but I think that's the one you have used.
Doing what you want is possible but you have to manually assign the buttons to the clips.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines