March 29, 2024, 01:55:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Dear Philippe...Service Manuals and HACKS, please!  (Read 2571 times)

goldenanalog

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Dear Philippe...Service Manuals and HACKS, please!
« on: November 15, 2014, 02:16:55 am »
Hello, sir!

I thought I'd bother you again, our beloved friend, about posting Origin service manuals here, and asking you to *please* allow us to post pictures and text of hacks, etc. as we collectively work to keep our precious Origins up and running.

I would *Love* to, as one example, replace the 'big knob' large encoder on the Origin with an ALPS quality one - and if we could share pictures, etc. of the Origin's iternals, that would be a most excellent way of sharing valuable Origin info with the great group of people that periodically visit here.

Anyway - I'll stop there, Philippe - thanks for being here, and listening!

-Roger

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:19:29 am by goldenanalog »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Dear Philippe...Service Manuals and HACKS, please!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 05:49:15 pm »
If the Origin is eventually opened up for user maintenance and hacks, I'd be happy too :)

Beware though, that the Bourns encoder which is used is better than the ALPS offerings. For the big knob, the next level is an optical encoder, but they're not directly compatible mechanically and electronically. The electronics can be easily hacked, but the mechanical bit may be a bit more difficult.

Personally I'd also like to find a replacement for the LCD, with better optical characteristics.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:24:16 pm by DrJustice »

Philippe

Re: Dear Philippe...Service Manuals and HACKS, please!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 07:17:00 pm »
Currently, what is possible is that anyone who needs these documents has just to ask us for them. Later on we'll provide a better solution with a download link.
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines