March 28, 2024, 06:31:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Future of the ORIGIN  (Read 7273 times)

rmm123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Future of the ORIGIN
« on: May 24, 2014, 02:21:39 am »
Hi,
I have not seen an update for the Origin this year.  Have they given up on this unit?
anything new on the horizon?
I have the Origin keyboard and one of the things I would love is to be able to use it in the horizontal position - Not the most ergonomic when the controls are vertical.
So a Computer interface would have been ideal.  Has anyone done this?

rmm123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Future of the ORIGIN
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:17:53 am »
 :'(
The lack of replies suggests the the Origin has been dumped.  Pity Arturia has taken this view and instead keep pumping out so many other bits of hardware.

They should keep working on a great system - represents great value compared to the vintage synths out there (apologies in advance to all the purists out there)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 04:30:18 pm »

I have the Origin keyboard and one of the things I would love is to be able to use it in the horizontal position - Not the most ergonomic when the controls are vertical.
So a Computer interface would have been ideal.

:'(
The lack of replies suggests the the Origin has been dumped.  Pity Arturia has taken this view and instead keep pumping out so many other bits of hardware.

They should keep working on a great system - represents great value compared to the vintage synths out there (apologies in advance to all the purists out there)

Hi
Well, some threads already talking about the future of origin. Concerning your verticality problem, it's kind of  a strange statement from my point of view, didn't you see this before buying the keyboard? you are asking for a computer interface, how this could be more ergonomic? you would have to deal with the keys and the computer and a computer screen normally is in a vertical position, anyway. i really think origin is really ergonomic as it has being designed, and again you obviously saw this when buying the machine ;) ;) if you want we can exchanged our origins, mine is the desktop you can put it horizontal i you wish  :P

rmm123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:31:03 pm »
You don't realise how much time you spend tweaking knobs when you are in the shop.  Having used the origin for some time now - I do wish I had it horizontally.
when I meant a computer interface - it was to be used together with the origin so you have the best of both worlds.
I would love to exchange machines but I am in Sydney

rmm123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arturia Survey
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 11:32:34 pm »
I just received an email requesting a survey on Arturia products. 
I hope everyone else answers this survey.
I really emphasised how disappointing it is that they have totally dropped support on the ORIGIN.  But like most surveys they will just file it away.

The Origin can now be purchased in Aust for less than half the original price on the used market.  an the stores are heavily discounting them.  Why doesn't Arturia take note of this.  Instead they keep pumping out her products.

cocomo joe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 01:09:22 pm »
Yes.. the survey..received it too...don't bother.
Usually it's a trick to make users believe they care about you(or the product you use)not so.
It's like Microsofts problem reporter asking you to send some crash and then telling you they will send you a message when solved..ha..ha.
Just never happens...never..ever..politics..make believe..crap!

For the Origin they know the facts for a long time now and did nothing to help all those peeps who gave their good decent money for it.
As a contrast..I have several now old Korg synths/samplers..triton..red karma..M3..Oasys..I can still get support for.
That's the difference between a dedicated hardware company existing for decades and a software company with hardware ambitions.

Another example..I recently bought their Keylab25..it has a spongy black key and if I push it the whole keyboard bends down.
Badly assembled in their chinese whatever it is putting these >instruments< together.
Do I send it back..no..I keep it..just like the Origin with all its flaws.
The software it comes with has some really good sounds but it only allows me to combine just two layers in 2014..a joke right?
On the Korgs from 2005 on we have 8 layers/chenes to play with on karma/Oasys..M3..Kronos.

So..I know I'm drifting here in general..but the point is..don't rely on anything called some survey.
I'm not wasting my time on them for sure..again it's all politics..very well known and used in the market.

Bottom line..just take your product as it is..and accept they have your money.
And you are left with just some piece of malfunktioning expensive piece of sh%$#@t.
Welcome in the world.

cojoe.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines