March 28, 2024, 12:22:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Question about connecting to DAW  (Read 1919 times)

ferramus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Question about connecting to DAW
« on: May 15, 2014, 06:33:22 pm »
Hi, I'm completely new to the world of hardware synthesizers and was wondering if anybody here could help me out. I've googled it but didn't find anything too relevant, so I figured this would be the place to ask.

I'm not sure if it's actually possible in the way I'm going for, but could I connect my microbrute to my DAW, and record inside it somehow?
I've installed the microbruteconnection program, but I'm looking to get it working inside FL studio so I can record audio while working on a project. I can't find any IN connection inside FL studio and I don't really have an idea where to go, does anybody here know if it's possible, and if so, how? Microbrute is connected to my computer via usb.

Edit: I've managed to get the midi connected, but no sound or signal comes through, just a visual reaction to pressing the keys inside FL studio. Do I need to set some audio settings as well?
I do have to say I do not have an audio interface yet, and the synth is connected to a usb port in my computer.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:58:59 pm by ferramus »

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
Re: Question about connecting to DAW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 07:15:56 pm »
Theres no audio out though usb on the brute

You need to connect a physical line out of the brute to an audio in of a soundcard or audio interface

ferramus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Question about connecting to DAW
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 07:30:28 pm »
Ah so I really do need an audio interface then, all right. Thanks for letting me know, it was starting to get me worries already, guess I've got to start saving up a bit.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines