March 28, 2024, 12:16:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mod Matrix ENV CV out BROKEN!  (Read 4046 times)

Dragulasbruder

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mod Matrix ENV CV out BROKEN!
« on: May 11, 2014, 06:43:50 pm »
Hi, day one with my MIcrobrute, already a problem.

ENV triggers just fine, sends cv successfully to the filter and vca. Will not send cv to any of the mod matrix destinations, patched or unpatched.

Before you ask, YES, the ENV amt knob is wide open, I've tried it at various settings. No ENV control of pitch, PWM, metalizer, anything.

This is, needless to say, very disappointing. Was looking forward to using these functions with my eurorack gear but it's not going to be possible it seems. Doesn't seem like a software problem or something easily fixable.

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Mod Matrix ENV CV out BROKEN!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 07:39:45 pm »
I'd just try to return it via where you bought it assuming it's under warranty.

I had a dead sub input on my first one and went down the support route which repeatedly asked me to use the default patch and then wanted me to make a video of it not working.

Forget that, I just rtb'd it and got a replacement (which 'only' has a wonky jump on the pitch wheel).

I love this synth but I doubt I'd ever buy arturia again given the crummy build/QC issues.

D

synthcat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 01:22:51 am »
erstlaub,

you say you have a wonky jump on your pitch wheel? You can use the re-calibration tool for this. I had this same issue as well. Used it and its now working fine.

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 09:22:29 am »
Yes, I know, I'm one of the lucky many for whom the recalibration does not stick after a power cycle.

Dragulasbruder

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 05:09:24 am »
Ok after that brief hijack my brute has yet to fix itself. Any expertise on the envelope mod matrix bus and possible problems (or better yet, solutions?)

erstlaub

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 11:49:45 am »
I was just letting you know my experience of a not working part of the mod matrix and  how customer support responded.

You could try updating the firmware in the surprising event it's to do with that.

Its unlikely to fix itself though so either take it back to where you got it and replace it, or open it up and see if there's a broken/loose connection and fix it yourself?

You just need to look at these boards to see how crappy the build/QC is so it's probably just another bad synth. Its not as if there's as bunch of menu's for turning routing on/off etc. so if it doesn't work, I'd naturally assume hardware fault.

With nothing patched in, does the envelope affect the tri - metaliser rate as it should be hardwired to do? That'd at least suggest theres a break between the envelope out and the physical port.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:59:12 am by erstlaub »

Dragulasbruder

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 02:14:42 am »
With nothing patched in, does the envelope affect the tri - metaliser rate as it should be hardwired to do? That'd at least suggest theres a break between the envelope out and the physical port.

It doesn't, that was one of the first tests I did. You are probably right in that there is a disconnection between the ENV output and its spot in the matrix bus. UGH. Tried firmware updating, resetting the envelope legato controls, etc. Nothing worked.

Matthew-Landon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 08:50:52 pm »
 ??? ??? ???How's this going, did you have any progress?? I'm having the same problem ya see...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines