April 19, 2024, 11:33:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Window navigation with controller stolen by song window ?  (Read 1556 times)

Oneye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Window navigation with controller stolen by song window ?
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:27:19 am »
Just installed Spark 2 last night - Beautiful ! Thanks for all the hard work - Sounds amazing !  Tried to download then version 2 manual addendum,  but was prompted for a password which I don't have !   Anyway - this was never a  problem with 1.72 When in pattern mode - I can  navigate  to any of the  windows using the select/sequence key combos  But when I open the song mode window and use select / seq key - I can see the mini-songs  selected by the  sel/seq keys. At that point I am unable to navigate away from song window without using the  GUI/mouse - OK - Not great - but problem is nothing I do will allow me to go back to window nav. w sel/seq keys - even if I was never actually in song mode - I can toggle in and out of song mode with the controller. makes no difference  Also - on the main window The seq keys lite up when sel/seq keys as if they are trying to indicate what song chain is selected  but checking back on song page the buttons which remain lit on the controller do not correspond to the mini songs wich are correctly  enabled by the  sel/seq key entry.  They are offset (2 - ?) spaces. After,restarting Spark  - navigation from the controller is again  possible, but as soon as song window is selected I am unable navigate.  Just re-updated the controller also - even though it was current.

Oneye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Window navigation with controller stolen by song window ?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 01:46:01 am »
Still in standalone for now  (6L 6 )_
Spark CDM  (controller )
Athlon 2 dual core 2.1ghz
8g ram  Windows 7 -64
Focusrite Saffire 6 USB

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:17:18 pm »
You are right that's a workflow killer !
We will fix this one too !!
Thanks for your time
.......testing.......

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 04:40:50 pm »
This is for the first Spark controller, right? Unfortunately you cannot toggle song mode from the Spark LE controller. So you always have to use your mouse: to get out of but also to get into song mode.
So maybe using the SELECT + PATT. buttons can be used to toggle song mode from the LE controller.

So I tried this and got a message "Song mode OFF" on the screen. Unfortunately I can never get an "ON" message regardless how often I press the buttons. So it seems that this function is already suppossed to be there (but does not work). Am I missing something here?
Less talk, more action!

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 09:27:41 am »
Press Bank+Patt+Seq+Tune at the same time.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 09:49:57 am »
O.K., thanks it works. Maybe it might be better to switch the shortcut to SELECT + PATT. ? Maybe as an additional shortcut?

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Less talk, more action!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines