March 29, 2024, 07:17:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How can you sell a soft with such errors  (Read 3716 times)

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How can you sell a soft with such errors
« on: May 02, 2014, 01:38:28 am »
Hello!

It seemed to me that this is one of the many bugs will be fixed to the first release but I see that I am so nothing was done.
Why beta testing has not been completed to fix major bugs? I have one problem because no one else writing about this or? Describe only the most important bugs for me that will not let me work properly with this program.

Bug 1

If you load any preset and change at any channel (with sampler) file in this sampler and then save as a new preset (or later each save actions) - file disappears in this sampler! Ie you can not create a preset and work with it normally. Need as quickly as possible to fix it so that people can work with their sounds and not only the factory presets without save. I actually stopped using the program until now fixes this bug 8(

???

Bug 2
After clicking on the record occurs "brake" in Spark for a few seconds. It's really annoying and does not work normally live with a sequencer. I have no Spark hardware so I use the midi keyboard (or pc keyboard in DAW like Ableton), and press the record button using the mouse now.

Windows 7 (64) with all updates
i5 / 4gb ram

Thank you

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:30:04 am by napishu »

Monsta

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How can you sell a soft with such errors
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 08:18:16 am »
Hello!

It seemed to me that this is one of the many bugs will be fixed to the first release but I see that I am so nothing was done.
Why beta testing has not been completed to fix major bugs? I have one problem because no one else writing about this or? Describe only the most important bugs for me that will not let me work properly with this program.

Both of these bugs were discussed before the "official release"
I won't be installing until i see a new update...it was still a RC a few days ago.
 "release candidate is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge."

I'd say the issue with saving your own presets not working is a significant bug...were not all preset monkeys  :)
Fix up look sharp Arturia..you have more in common with N.I every day

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 09:22:11 am »
Hi Napishu, Monsta,

It appears that the first bug only occurs on EDM expansion pack sample instruments.
Naming convention is not exactly the same and when you want to save this inst Spark2 is unable to find the sample and copy it.
If you really want to use those samples the workaround will be to drag and drop those sample from the library directly on pads.

The second issue you have is known one. It appears that the bug is only GUI related. Once you've press record, recording begins with no latency.

Those bugs are top priority for us.
.......testing.......

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 09:35:02 am »
Hi Napishu, Monsta,

It appears that the first bug only occurs on EDM expansion pack sample instruments.

No... sorry, with any preset ie spark samples.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 10:01:56 am »
Weird...
Could you please try Backstage Pass_SD1  ?
.......testing.......

Klinke

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 06:57:11 pm »
I also can't believe that such a bug-ridden software is released without naming it beta (or better alpha) version to warn people who don't want to become betatesters.

My 30 seconds with Spark2 VST:
- Reaper just crash immediately when I try to insert Spark2
My 5 minutes with Spark2 standalone:
- When you turn to Distortion type knob to the left, you reached a forth "mode", that seems to produce a really high DC offset (the mixer level meters are very high, but you hear nothing on the output).
- After loading and saving an own kit, a file-dialog pop up (I pressed Save, and not Save as). After overwritting the same file results, the same kit appear two times in the browser.
- And even better: The sound was completley different after saving.

This was enough to be sure that I don't want to update now, I don't have the time to be Betatester. So I downloaded Spark 1.7, but now Spark crashes when I try to load the project I saved with Spark2. Thanks Arturia.

Apart from this problems I liked a lot what I have seen in the 5 minutes, the GUI is a really hugh improvement, the modular stuff is nice (but needs a bigger window), etc. So maybe I will give Spark2 in half an year a second try.

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 01:15:08 am »
Weird...
Could you please try Backstage Pass_SD1  ?

Sorry, another example. Import user preset and then try save it (or save as) -all files in all 16tracks! disappears in this sampler too 8(

I lost yesterday 10 user presets when "save as" them ! 8(. I'm afraid to press the save button and lose my data.  I generally afraid to do something in the program :'(

I think this is realy problem with "save or save as" in many situations - your new preset or user presets or spark preset from box. Also, dragging the sample from explorer (or another program) on the pad - no sound after. And after saving preset - sample also lost from this pad. Also, if you switch preset in the device (for example compressor) and then save the project - device will return to its default state (ie deselect preset). And other many main bugs, simply can not write about everything.

So. Accordingly I don't understand how you tested the program and how it can work when I can not save anything? Spark maybe а great program but who so early with such bugs out in a release? Such errors in the program, you had to stay still in beta at least a couple of releases, i probably don't understand something how can you sell this software in terms of respect for your existing and new clients.

Please tell me when spark will be updated? It is very important for us!

Thank you
sorry for english
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:08:46 am by napishu »

ikt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 07:48:51 am »
this is just the same as the beta, isn't it?  :-\

I see job postings for both beta tester and software engineer, which makes me wonder if it's not a case of Arturia literally CANNOT fix the software. Because this is very bad software, it does not work in very major ways.

I wonder what is really going on.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 09:25:23 am »
Hi guys,
I am really sorry that you are encountering such problems.
We are already working on the update and a first beta should be available next week.
The issues you have reported are on the top priority.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 04:00:21 pm »
Hi guys,
I am really sorry that you are encountering such problems.
We are already working on the update and a first beta should be available next week.
The issues you have reported are on the top priority.

Kevin

Kevin, thank you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines