April 23, 2024, 12:36:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 - modular feature request  (Read 2998 times)

noCore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • noCore
Spark 2 - modular feature request
« on: May 01, 2014, 08:06:36 pm »
an idea for the modular side of the new Spark 2....

would it be possible to add a zoom in/out functionality, so you can back up and get a broader picture (using mouse scroll)... kinda like editing nodes in Nuke (by The Foundry).

also, the touchiness of scrolling up and down and left and right using a middle mouse wheel could use some fine tuning.

and lastly... any chance of being able to make the Spark GUI go full screen?

all in all - super stoked about this update - can't wait to climb/fall down the rabbithole even further!  :)

.miQ
www.nocore.ca
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:27:19 pm by noCore »

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
Re: Spark 2 - feature request
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:19:38 pm »
an idea for the modular side of the new Spark 2....

would it be possible to add a zoom in/out functionality, so you can back up and get a broader picture (using mouse scroll)...

I've mentioned this too, even if it was just the current view and an overview it would make life much easier. The other thing is that the view should scroll when dragging cables the way it does when dragging modules. At the moment both pins must be visible to connect them.

CC4

• Beta-testers
Re: Spark 2 - modular feature request
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 07:07:52 pm »
Those are good ideas for the modular panel.  I had asked for the ability to select & reposition multiple modules at once (ie. by drawing a box around them).

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 11:33:58 pm »
It would already be a great help if the existing modular setup coming with Spark 2 would'nt be cluttered across such a big area. I was able to resort the preset patches so that they fit all in the main screen.
Don't know why the default patches all look like crap.

Please also fix the bug that when inserting a new module all the well sorted boxes (like the pad) get inserted somewhere into the patch by random again.
So annoying...
Less talk, more action!

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:04:15 am »
I think these were made before they were to be seen by the public :)

On the insert problem, do you mean when you insert the sampler? That is the only time it happens for me, but I think it initializes the patch. Is it happening with other modules?

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 12:40:49 am »
No. Put the pad-module into the upper left corner and do some resorting of the other modules so that they all fit into the screen. Afterwards insert a LFO module. See what happens: in the best case only the pad module got inserted somewhere in the middle of the screen  ::) . In the worst case also some othe modules got "optimized".
Less talk, more action!

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:52:05 am »
I've just tried with the bass drum on 80s drums, moved everything, and it worked ok, is this what you meant?

http://www.screencast.com/t/9UrpRqBX

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 01:04:35 am »
I will check your screencast tomorrow morning (GMT+1) as i only have an iPad at the moment.
Less talk, more action!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines