March 28, 2024, 10:33:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: are multiple notes simultaneously on the sequencer?  (Read 6494 times)

jeffreyjames

are multiple notes simultaneously on the sequencer?
« on: April 30, 2014, 06:09:21 am »
are multiple simultaneous notes possible? Like for drum beats? I'm assuming I'm just dumb and it's easy. Anyone care to help me out?

I have this working with an AKAI MPX8. I just want to make beats and not scale based stuff. It would also be very helpful to see the actually CC values in the midi control center instead of the note names. I was hoping It would work like this:

Select pad 1, then all the pads are on/off settings for pad one.
Then do the same for 2, and so on. 

I have a feeling this is not possible. The software makes it look like the sequencing is only for melodic instruments to play one note at a time.
So, is it possible to make a four on the floor beat with the sequencer?
I was very excited about this thing, but it might worthless to me. I was going to use it to make beats for shows without the need for a computer.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:36:17 am by jeffreyjames »

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: are multiple notes simultaneously on the sequencer?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 02:25:36 pm »
Same for me, it feel like an almost useless piece of gear so.

teceem

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 01:01:41 pm »
It's monophonic.

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 01:57:51 pm »

Why do you say this? It's a monophonic sequencer and if it's useless for you than I'm afraid you did not investigate much enough about what you were go to buy.
Less talk, more action!

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 03:58:58 pm »

Why do you say this? It's a monophonic sequencer and if it's useless for you than I'm afraid you did not investigate much enough about what you were go to buy.

Why I say this?! Because maybe not enough is done to show or say it's a monophonic: its not clearly said. The fact that Im not the only one complaining is the proof.

Now who are you? Working for Arturia? Because we are looking for an answer from an Arturia employe, not a useless troll.

Im afraid nobody gives a damn about YOUR opinion so please dont pollute and waste our time while we want an answer from someone competent.

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 04:16:50 pm »
So you think this kind of attitude will solve your problems? ::)

O.K., good luck!  :)
Less talk, more action!

teceem

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 05:02:06 pm »
Now who are you? Working for Arturia? Because we are looking for an answer from an Arturia employe, not a useless troll.

Im afraid nobody gives a damn about YOUR opinion so please dont pollute and waste our time while we want an answer from someone competent.
So sell your Beatstep and go buy a polyphonic step sequencer. Be sure to read the description and use those little brain cells next time! Being ignorant/stupid is no excuse to be rude to others.
See, Mr. Roboto isn't the only one to say this, so this must be proof.

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 05:38:37 pm »

So sell your Beatstep and go buy a polyphonic step sequencer. Be sure to read the description and use those little brain cells next time! Being ignorant/stupid is no excuse to be rude to others.
See, Mr. Roboto isn't the only one to say this, so this must be proof.

Its not even clearly said on the main product page...

I watched videos and read the product page and still been surprised to discover its monophonic because yeah Arturia is not clear about it. I still use it but I think I can express my desappointment to Arturia's way of communicating.

Now, I can judge the other guy commentaries as unecessary and stupid as I want, especialy because he did  his stupid judgement twice, not in a nice way and AGAIN by judging when we are not looking for judgement but for support from the company.

What is it here a kindergarden for teenagers who need attention or a technical forum? Go troll somewhere else, I dont need morals from kids or morons.

edit- Its not said AT ALL on the Arturia website
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:01:39 pm by vini »

teceem

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 06:28:56 pm »
What is it here a kindergarden for teenagers who need attention or a technical forum? Go troll somewhere else, I dont need morals from kids or morons.
Name calling... this is kindergarten indeed!

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 06:38:06 pm »
Name calling... this is kindergarten indeed!

I accept your apology

devilwidget

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 06:39:48 pm »
I imagine it wasn't directly stated by Arturia because it is BLEEDING OBVIOUS.

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »
I imagine it wasn't directly stated by Arturia because it is BLEEDING OBVIOUS.

Please dont be a kid too, what about having specs, details etc if it's so obvious, why telling the numbers of pads on the product page while there's pictures on the site... captain obvious...

You bunch of narcissistic geeks, 3 person trying to make a point that nobody asked for just for the sake of a virtual fight.

The question is do an upgrade will make midi center able to make beatstep polyphonic? And no, it's not asked toward you guys.

devilwidget

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 07:16:26 pm »
Vini - you called the thing "useless" once you found out that it doesn't do exactly what you want. Its clearly not useless, is it? Its a monophonic sequencer. Thats useful for melodies. Particularly monophonic ones. I was sort of joking, but the expression "stating the obvious" does come from this kind of situation - it wasn't mentioned because it wasn't imagined that someone would think they meant a poly-phonic sequencer, given the price and the size.
Your coming across a little aggressive, which is why people are having a poke. Which is a bit cruel on our part (sorry!), but we could probably all use language a little better to avoid these kind of grievances.
If we ever meet down a long dark alley I'll be sure to give you a big hug and buy you a milkshake  ;D

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 07:34:51 pm »
Vini - you called the thing "useless" once you found out that it doesn't do exactly what you want. Its clearly not useless, is it? Its a monophonic sequencer. Thats useful for melodies. Particularly monophonic ones. I was sort of joking, but the expression "stating the obvious" does come from this kind of situation - it wasn't mentioned because it wasn't imagined that someone would think they meant a poly-phonic sequencer, given the price and the size.
Your coming across a little aggressive, which is why people are having a poke. Which is a bit cruel on our part (sorry!), but we could probably all use language a little better to avoid these kind of grievances.
If we ever meet down a long dark alley I'll be sure to give you a big hug and buy you a milkshake  ;D

Listen, I understand.

The fact is some customers missed the point because its was unclear. You cant guess everything and apparently even reading all the specs, and that's suck from arturia... and actually I said "almost useless" because I still used it.

You also can say "well, who the hell would build a mono sequencer now".

Now I already talk about this poly-mono stuff in an other thread and send message to the customer service for know more, I received nothing and nobody from the company answered that's why I sound harsh. Especially if people who aint got nothing else to do came and judge what I said: I came on a technical forum for technical support not to exchange opinions, courtoisie or bullcrap from kids.

I just want to know if they got space to make midi center poly, Im not a programmer I cant figure out how and if they got the possibility, can we ask questions like men without havin girlfriends around crying about words.

Nothing personal dude
Peace and Love

vini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 07:47:34 pm »
I am also pissed because the day after I received Beatstep they released Spark2 with the LE hardware for 100e more than beatstep, can they manage their communication in Arturia?

I mean I still can send Beatstep back etc... but come on, what a pain in the ass, I got to send (with my money) beatstep to the shop i bought it (because it was not on Arturia.com) and then buy spark2 package while there's the announce on the website but no link to proceed, just words and pictures?

Come on Arturia, what happen, your software are great but can you manage your website, announcement etc... properly?

So yeah Im a bit harch

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines