March 28, 2024, 06:41:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Configure pads and knobs to play notes in VSTs in Ableton?  (Read 2742 times)

godizded

• Apprentice
Hi all,

Please, how do I set Beatstep to play instruments and VSTs in Ableton Live?

Basically, I just want to use the pads to play notes on VSTs and record them to Ableton Live. The thing you would do easilly using a generic midi keyboard.

Instead, I play the pads and my Beatstep launches clips in Ableton.

I can find a way around this problem disabling beatstep as a midi controller in Midi options. But then I cannot latch the knobs to VST's controls.

All in all, I want to play notes in a VST synth AND custom assign the knobs to controls in that VST synth.

Maybe this could sound silly for hardcore users, but I'd be very grateful if you could help me here, it's driving me nuts.

Thanks so much in advance,

G.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:22:51 am by godizded »

godizded

• Apprentice
Re: Configure pads and knobs to play notes in VSTs in Ableton?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 11:32:30 am »
No hints? No one can give me a hand, please?

Up.

Thanks in advance.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 11:39:57 pm »
Hi i haven't used the beatep or ableton for a while but in ableton top right there is a button called midi click on that and check your midi mapping in the box on the left if you have used a script or added some control mapping just delete the list and you can used the channel as normal in CNtrl mode
Hope this helps
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

godizded

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 11:25:03 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know how midi mapping works in Ableton.

Still, I cannot map Beatstep knobs to Ableton synth knobs

I'll try to be as accurate as I can to describe the problem:

--I own Arturia Beatstep, the simple model. NOT Beatstep pro.

--I have disabled Beatstep as control surface in ableton options, because as stated in other threads, Control Surface = Beatstep > Trigger clips. And Control Surface = None > Play notes. And I want to play notes, so I have to.

--If I turn the knobs, Ableton shows a little light that means it's receiving midi signal. So IT IS receiving midi from betstep knobs.

--However, when I turn on Ableton midi mapping and ciic on virtual synth controls and turn beatstep knobs to link them to virtual synth controls, nothing happens.

--I've tried many many options in Arturia Midi Control Center. None of them worked. Maybe there's something I must configure there?

Really, I've browsed your forum and many other internet forums to find a solution and found none.

I'm attaching links to images of my Ableton Midi configuration, my Beatstep knob configuration and midi mapping in case is useful for providing help.

Thanks so much.

G.

Links:

https://flic.kr/p/2jcz5Mr

https://flic.kr/p/2jcwna4

https://flic.kr/p/2jcz5No

godizded

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 07:39:07 pm »
Again, no hint?

Arturia?

G.

godizded

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 04:21:20 pm »
No help?!

Up!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines