March 29, 2024, 10:04:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: spark 2 GUI  (Read 3321 times)

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
spark 2 GUI
« on: April 25, 2014, 10:29:17 pm »
Hello dear arturia team and users,
when i call up the GUI of spark 2 in my daw (studio one 2.6.2/ableton live 9) it has likewise 1 miute of loading time. even if was opened before and is playing though. (symphonic choirs is faster to open) :'(

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: spark 2 GUI
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 08:35:34 am »
Hi Le0,
Could you tell us more about your computer ?
RAM CPU...
Did you try with 1.7.2 ?
.......testing.......

Seiishu

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:59:14 pm »
I'm not Leo, but this is quote from another post in this forum where he originally mentioned this issue:

my daw is presonus studio one one 2.6/ 64 bit -> so spark 2 is running in 64 bit.

my pc system stats:  core i5 @ 1.7 ghz; 8 gb of Ram
graphix:                     intel HD 4000 (chip); nv gt 630m (2048 MB)
ios:                            win 8.1

so I dont know why, but I do have massive loading times, when calling up the GUI.

I use a second monitor appart from my laptop monitor, it uses alot of graphix ram, because of the size and its hd resolution.

so I will go for my nvidia graphic settings-> (my extra graphic chip is turned of in 2d mode by default) and turn it on and see if there will be any difference.

But I think I have to admit so far, that it is not worth, buying a laptop, if you totaly go digital.
leo

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:07:05 pm »
yeah theese are my system stats, I will try with official spark 2 release now.
spark 1.72 was no problem for me.
thx for reply

*I was using spark 2 beta *
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:10:19 pm by Le0 »

Seiishu

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 02:04:58 pm »
Well, even though it's called "official" it's still exactly the same as RC1. See here:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82104.msg111136#msg111136

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 02:07:36 am »
Hello dear arturia team and users,
when i call up the GUI of spark 2 in my daw (studio one 2.6.2/ableton live 9) it has likewise 1 miute of loading time. even if was opened before and is playing though. (symphonic choirs is faster to open) :'(

Same to me, but less. But I have never waited for the opening 15 seconds of plug-ins  ???

Bitwig 1.0.7
28 sec for first load vst on track and open vst spark window
15 second for open vst spark window after any close  :'( :'( :'(

windows 7 (64)
i5 / 4gb ram

currentmusik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 12:16:18 pm »
Been trying out V 2 for a couple of days, looks great or maybe amazing is the word. Can confirm the record-button bug and in the mixer the VU's are not synced to the sound, all seems like random peaks on my Mac.

MacoBook Pro i7
4 gb ram
running latest Maverick
Ultralite mk3

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 02:10:36 pm »
Same here: loading time up to 45 seconds, project/kit loading time very long, every startup or file related action has a very long latency before starting to process.
Less talk, more action!

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 03:10:01 pm »
So many bugs that don't want to write about them, this should see the developers themselves. Vst loaded very long as well as projects with samples in the spark. I wonder when it will be updated, it is simply impossible to work now with 2 version.

ikt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 09:29:58 pm »
So many bugs that don't want to write about them, this should see the developers themselves. Vst loaded very long as well as projects with samples in the spark. I wonder when it will be updated, it is simply impossible to work now with 2 version.

you and me both man. I was surprised when it was "officially" released a few days ago, since just last week they were still looking for beta testers. And with the huge list of bugs, there is no way all of them could have been fixed. And, they weren't.

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 11:52:26 am »
Hey there, lot of of people with the same issue...

so I tried Bitwig Studio, after I had to accept that its impossible to work with studio one 2.6.
Appart from less cpu usage by the daw itself, I've noticed a shorter delay, after open spark 2 -(3 to 10 seonds).
Also it sandboxes every single vst's and not only therefore, it is the daw I'm going to head.

ableton also works kindly, but I've had some diffrent bugs.

If Bitwig Studio or Cubase 5 wont make me happy, I definately will go back for ver. 1.7, till Arturia will release a Cpu friendly Version.
Otherwise I have to buy a silly expensive "DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSOR"...well in that case I could have bought a hole bunch of analog gear....

so all my last hope is  Arturias moral now... ;)
no no no: Music lovers of the Arturia IT department: I AM SURE YOU WILL MAKE IT!

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 12:55:19 pm »
here is one thing I just noticed in ableton, nevermind what I wrote before:
If I open spark 2 in ableton it also has less loading time appart from studio one, and also when it is firstly loadet and you click the spark 2 rack again, it opens fast.
but if hitting the close button, it just dont open ever again.. ???
but I bet this was poasted before... but anyway, studio one was my leak!
Sorry for that...
le0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines