April 19, 2024, 08:19:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some bugs I encountered  (Read 2761 times)

cpu28

Some bugs I encountered
« on: May 12, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »
Hi!

I've been using Spark 2 with SparkLe for a couple of days now and encountered the following bugs:

1. instrument browser:
when browsing for induvidual instruments, I'm unable to use the Sparkles wheel after selecting a category and clicking on an instrument (in order to highlight the column). Happens occationally.

2. Spark:
Spark refuses to start, but instead hangs indefinately at 698 mb of ram used and 13% processor usage (gui wont appear). I've had to reinstall spark 2 a  couple of times because of this as it the only thing that seems to help. This happens after saving a project and spark crashes corrupting the project. Had this happen with standalone and plugin. Also the plugin will crash Cubase 7.5.20 when spark is at this state.

3. Mixer:
Mixer presets can't be saved. Not possible to input the name of the preset therefore unable to save.

4. Modular editor:
Random volume changes, propably related to velocity. This happens when editing a sound in the modular editor, the volume of the sound suddenly drops and stays quiet (not silent) until next reload of spark and project.

Sample player in the modular editor refused to play a sample (this program was custom including an oscillator, not the sampler preset with bode shifters ect. from the library) after a restart -> project corrupted, catastrophic crashing of cubase and spark le neeeded a reintall (see section 2). Related to this, a feature request, it would be nice if adding a sampler to modular patch would not clear the modular patch.

My setup:
inter i7 930, 6gb ram, Windows 7, Spark Le w/ spark 2.0.0, Cubase 7.5.20
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:30:54 pm by cpu28 »

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Some bugs I encountered
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 09:32:49 am »
Thanks for your bug report !

1. instrument browser:
when browsing for induvidual instruments, I'm unable to use the Sparkles wheel after selecting a category and clicking on an instrument (in order to highlight the column). Happens occationally.

Are you using the combo select + Jogg Wheel ?
Is it happening every time ?

2. Spark:
Spark refuses to start, but instead hangs indefinately at 698 mb of ram used and 13% processor usage (gui wont appear). I've had to reinstall spark 2 a  couple of times because of this as it the only thing that seems to help. This happens after saving a project and spark crashes corrupting the project. Had this happen with standalone and plugin. Also the plugin will crash Cubase 7.5.20 when spark is at this state.

Not nice... Before reinstalling did you try to remove all pref files in : C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Spark (all pref files)

3. Mixer:
Mixer presets can't be saved. Not possible to input the name of the preset therefore unable to save.

We already know this one. Only on PC.

4. Modular editor:
Random volume changes, propably related to velocity. This happens when editing a sound in the modular editor, the volume of the sound suddenly drops and stays quiet (not silent) until next reload of spark and project.

This one is weird. Does it happens on every project you've been using the modular ? What were you doing in the modular ?

Sample player in the modular editor refused to play a sample (this program was custom including an oscillator, not the sampler preset with bode shifters ect. from the library) after a restart -> project corrupted, catastrophic crashing of cubase and spark le neeeded a reintall (see section 2). Related to this, a feature request, it would be nice if adding a sampler to modular patch would not clear the modular patch.

Maybe you sample was too long 13s is the max. Spark doesn't handle 32b files too.
Your feature request is listed.  ;)

.......testing.......

cpu28

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 12:22:39 pm »
Thanks for your bug report !

1. instrument browser:

Are you using the combo select + Jogg Wheel ?
Is it happening every time ?

Happens occationally, I've not able to reproduce this in a way that I could give any further useful info, other that it happens only with instruments.

2. Spark:

Not nice... Before reinstalling did you try to remove all pref files in : C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Spark (all pref files)

4. Modular editor:

This one is weird. Does it happens on every project you've been using the modular ? What were you doing in the modular ?

Maybe you sample was too long 13s is the max. Spark doesn't handle 32b files too.
Your feature request is listed.  ;)

Sample was a 2 sec. orch hit so no, not too long. I think it might have something to do with this:

I did some research and the problem seems to lie not in the sampler, but in the modular tab itself, because almost everytime I use the modular editor and save the project, spark (standalone and/or plugin) crashes and project gets corrupted. The volume weirdness and the sampler not working proper could be symptom of the modular tab/editor doing something weird. So I think that all the mantioned issues (volume weirdness, sampler weirdness, corrupted projects and spark hanging at start up) might a single issue related to the modular editor. Also I've been working on a project imported from Spark VDM, but I also encountered a corrupted project which I built from the ground up on 2.0.0

Anyway, despite the bugs (which one might expect using x.0.0 version) I really like the software and am really looking forward the future updates where the issues are fixed (so I can use this for serious work). Any info on the release schedule of a maintenance release?

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 01:16:49 pm »
Thanks. We are going to investigate on this.

Next update =>Tomorrow  ;D
.......testing.......

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:45:28 am »
Is the instrument browser bug not a known issue anyway?

Once you're in library you can't navigate consistently with the wheel. It randomly opens things in the list when scrolling? You can't consistently move between instrument, kit, project or disk. Each menu when scrolling reports the same, randomly opening issue.

Are you working on a resolve for the jog wheel? Do you have a timeframe when it might be fixed.

(Bearing in mind it hasn't worked correctly for the last few releases)
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 01:10:31 pm »
What do you mean exactly by " It randomly opens things in the list when scrolling?"

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 01:17:41 pm »
When scrolling through the list, instead of rolling over each item as you decide which item you want to choose, it will randomly open items that you have highlighted. I can send you a screen flow movie if it's clearer

Stu
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 01:19:59 pm »
This should only happens in instrument tab and this is due to Instrument Preview.
We could add a preview to disable Instrument Preview.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 01:55:31 pm »
Yes, sorry that's correct. I knew i'd seen it. Yes, I was going to suggest a preview tab. Although there is one there for Auto preview, It would be nice to just be able to whizz through without it loading. If you flick through quick enough you can usually stop them loading. I think If you tare looking for specific items that you have named and therefore know what you need to select, you don't need any of the previews.

The preview is however nice to audition, but you'd probably only do that in the studio or when setting up.

Thanks, Stu
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7