March 28, 2024, 10:12:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: m1st impressions  (Read 3064 times)

an3

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
m1st impressions
« on: April 03, 2014, 04:38:33 pm »
 :-* recieved it today. great piece of hardware. couple of things and suggestions:

idi sequence hick up
i have the Cv outof the beatstep connected to mbrane triggger in and midi out as weel. whenever i use the rotators on the beatstep whilst playing a sequence i get trigger hicups: This does not happen if midi only is connected 

- how can u programm a specific CC to the cv out ? (aka ctrl knob in Ctlr mode )

- when u change the pattern lenght (Shift + alt) there is a big hickup, maybye add to software menu a Play lenght till end off pattern, so u can smoothly change the lenght of the pattern (great feature for live)

Suggestions:

- hardware add shortcut for gate time

- realtime recording of pads in Ctlr mode for stepsequencer :)
- Negative values !! (like -127 as a minimum)
- Fast Knob acceleration can be much much faster
- u have to push stop before u can start the sequencer from step 1: ADD hold stop + start = restart
- CC stepsequencing
- add pick up value for encoders

Super bonus feature add:: what would be super if u can implement a feature that whenever sequence is running: the pads in Ctrl mode
are the steps of the sequence: so when u push pad 1: the sequence lenght becomes 1 step (gate only or even also switch toggle/gate mode in editor) pushing pad 8 sequecne becomes 8 steps. this is a  feature to enable or disable in the editor to be stord with the memory.. (stolen from the korc volca beat effect:) )
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:49:16 pm by an3 »

teceem

Re: m1st impressions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 12:37:13 pm »
- how can u programm a specific CC to the cv out ? (aka ctrl knob in Ctlr mode )
CC = Midi, CV is just (control) voltage.

xmota

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 10:10:50 pm »
I vote for CC step sequencing too ... would be nice to have Doepfer MAQ like CC/velocity modes for the sequences ... e.g. at least two "sequence layers" - one for note pitch, second for velocity or CC

an3

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 09:58:44 am »
i know the difference between CC and CV, The Pile of Writing my 1st impressions, made  this mistake:
what i actually meant is indeed CC sequencing

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines