March 19, 2024, 04:57:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Knob encoder acceleration setting  (Read 48055 times)

Sonic Revolutions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Knob encoder acceleration setting
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2014, 02:43:33 pm »
And another week goes by...

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 03:33:28 pm »
Its coming soon we are testing at the moment  ;)
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Sonic Revolutions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 03:35:56 pm »
Why not have a bunch of users help out testing betas? I offered my help to speed up the process but didn't get any response.

psykohed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 08:57:01 pm »
fingers crossed...

Sonic Revolutions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 07:03:35 pm »
Knobs still not working like they should. When you turn them slow you have to turn the knob several times to go from 0 to 127. If you turn them fast they go to 127 in a jiffy...
Or is this "normal" behaviour?

psykohed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 08:29:56 pm »
Sigh... Yeah, the knobs still don't function properly. Too slow, then too fast. It should be a nice steady turn. Why even have this so called 'knob acceleration"? I'm dumbfounded. It's unusable. I tried doing a simply filter sweep on a plugin and I just got incredibly frustrated. After a while I went to my Maschine and put it in controller mode and BAM! Now THAT"S what a controller knob SHOULD feel like. Nice and smooth with a simple, natural single turn of the wrist to go from 0-127. It was like going from a Kia to a Ferrari. Sorry Arturia, but you've really dropped the ball on this piece of gear.

Dear Arturia,

In order for this to be a proper controller, knob acceleration should default to Fast (Off) when in controller mode. A setting you would need to implement. This setting should allow you to go from 0-127 with a single turn of the wrist. When in sequence mode it should switch to Slow (Off) to allow note selection. This of course would take working on both the hardware and software and rethinking the whole concept. The acceleration thing is a joke.

Okay, I'm done. I've wasted enough of my life on this thing. It had such potential. Ebay bound...

andre82

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 12:23:53 am »
Today I bought the Beatstep from Arturia and the Launch Control from Novation because I wanted to see which is best for me.

First thing: The Beatstep stinks totally chemic. Puhhh.
The second and really worst thing is: The Knobs are soooo slow. Totally unusable to dj with this. (Iīm on the latest firmware).

Very sad. This thing sadly have to go back in the next few days if there arenīt another update (I have 30 days give back guarantee). So please release an update asap to make this knobs faster!

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:37:24 am by andre82 »

psykohed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 03:34:25 am »
How do you like the Novation? Do the knobs work like a normal controller?

Today I bought the Beatstep from Arturia and the Launch Control from Novation because I wanted to see which is best for me.

andre82

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 09:59:12 pm »
So. Day two and a little bit more relaxed and wiser.

I updated to the latest firmware and now the encoders are faster.

My personal problem with the Beatstep is, that the encoders are rastered. So it is to rough to control the encoders for example the "Filter" or Equalizer in some DJ software. For this, the Novation Launch Control is far better.

But I think I will keep the Beatstep. I really like the Sequencer in Ableton.

GnollinZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 11:15:04 am »
With the new firmware, I find the knob acceleration is fine. Certainly fast enough and accurate enough for controlling fx plug-ins in Ableton.

Sonic Revolutions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 12:48:06 pm »
With the new firmware, I find the knob acceleration is fine. Certainly fast enough and accurate enough for controlling fx plug-ins in Ableton.

You do not experience any of the problems described earlier??

If not this could indicate a faulty batch of beatstep hardware...

GnollinZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2014, 03:14:07 pm »
I have only used the BeatStep with the latest firmware - I will have to spend some time testing the different knob acceleration speeds to see what difference they make.

With it set to fast they are perfectly useable.

reflexibel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2014, 10:43:28 am »
I installed the Firmware update and it works better!!THANKS!
I hape this is not the last fix
it is ok to modulate sound in a fast acceleration setting...BUT
IT IS NOT FAST ENOUGH TO USE IT for LIVE performance or live Automation Recording!!!
Arturia, do you have someone in your developer team, who is a DJ or live performer? Is someone testing this?

Conso

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 01:14:57 am »
...BUT
IT IS NOT FAST ENOUGH TO USE IT for LIVE performance or live Automation Recording!!!

Same issues here!

Is it so difficult to understand what and how can be solved this problem?

I wonder if it's clear how disturbing this could be, don't get me wrong, it's amazing to have this kind of gear at this price but there are certain basic functions that must work at least at a standard level.

niksliwerski

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2014, 11:33:25 am »
Even after the update this is still pretty rubbish....who on earth thought of implementing this?

I have a physical knob on the Beatstep. All I want to do is physically turn it from a 7 o'clock to 5 o'clock position in a single motion and have it move the knob on the softynth accordingly, as a mirror of my physical motion. This should be the default motion and acceleration etc should be an option. Bear in mind this is with Arturia products ARP2600 and Oberheim.

Seriously, politely and with all respect, is anyone at Arturia actually physically using/testing these beyond a simple twiddle to check they work ie checking things are actually physically and ergonomically practical and useful in the real world and across a range of products including their own? I don't want to whip a knob around just to accelerate it to do a one-turn 0-127, or do multiple stop/starts as I keep turning and turning the damned thing.... I want to do a single turn of my hand/wrist over 2 bars.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines