March 28, 2024, 01:18:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: odd pitch behaviour using cv/gate with the microbrute  (Read 18646 times)

KRS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
odd pitch behaviour using cv/gate with the microbrute
« on: April 04, 2014, 02:47:27 pm »
Hello Arturia team,

When I control the microbrute with the beatsteps cv/gate signals the pitch is transposed 3 octaves up.
When controlling it via midi everything works fine. Can you tell me what's the problem and how to solve it?

Today I also had some other trouble with this setup (using midi). This time i think it's the microbrute, but I'm not sure:
When there was no sequence running and I tried to start the sequence while I was adjusting the pitch of one step, the microbrute would hang up on this tone. All notes off command didn't work, i had to reboot it.

Thanks,
Chris

KRS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: odd pitch behaviour using cv/gate with the microbrute
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 05:29:01 pm »
Even if the Beatsteps CV out is only connected to the Microbrutes pitch input and no sequence is running everything i play on the keyboard is transposed severals octaves up!

vegradd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 02:34:08 pm »
Does the MicroBrute have some settings for how it will be controlled by CV?
I know that when sending CV via my Elektron A4 to my Mg SlimPhatty I had to correct the voltage in order to get it to scale correct. Might be the same with the Micro Brute

KRS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 03:16:47 pm »
@vegradd:
According to some videos I saw, it should work without voltage correction.

KRS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 02:23:20 pm »
I think I was able to evaluate the problem:
Apparently there is a constant voltage being sent out of the CV output. Even if no sequence is running.
When a sequence is running, the correct control voltages are added to this constant voltage, which causes the higher pitch.

vegradd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 03:04:50 pm »
Hmm... a little bit odd still...

bluefishcolne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 12:01:04 pm »
Hi just bought the beatstep with the ideal of a running a Mg slim phatty  with the cv /gate option so I can run something else in control mode thing is I to am getting the same problem its outputting at a to high pitch than I want works fine with midi ive read different synths require different voltage is the Mg slim phatty one of them and is that it do I have to use the midi option shame really I looked forward to running 3 things cv for my Mg midi for my korg x50 and usb for pc can anybody help please....

vegradd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 03:35:00 pm »
Hi just bought the beatstep with the ideal of a running a Mg slim phatty  with the cv /gate option so I can run something else in control mode thing is I to am getting the same problem its outputting at a to high pitch than I want works fine with midi ive read different synths require different voltage is the Mg slim phatty one of them and is that it do I have to use the midi option shame really I looked forward to running 3 things cv for my Mg midi for my korg x50 and usb for pc can anybody help please....

Have you tried turning the autotune of the Mg off?

bluefishcolne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 05:46:01 pm »
hi m8 thanks for the reply I tried with autotune on/off from what I can gather its beacause the aturia beatstep is outputting  a certain voltage and so is the Mg s/p but different so the difference is being the higher octave works fine in midi just wish I had researched this before  purchase if they implement some kind of tie like reason 7 matrix I will be happy to run in midi if no tie perhaps regretting purchase.

troublesleep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »
This might seem an odd question but - what do you mean CV pitch IN on the microbrute? As far as I can tell there is only pitch OUT. There is however gate in.

KRS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 08:20:51 pm »
This might seem an odd question but - what do you mean CV pitch IN on the microbrute? As far as I can tell there is only pitch OUT. There is however gate in.

The pitch input is part of the mod-matrix!

andyr1960

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 08:38:41 am »
I can confirm that the basic CV output is too high and the gate is too low… Tried it on a MiniMg and I have to have all 3 range switches  set to 32'. Even then, it's still too high and I'm having to feed it through my modulars CV adder (along with a -3V source) to reduce the output. Not ideal but it works. Also, the gate won't trigger my ARP… That has to be processed via the 2600's amp to get it to a decent level

Hoping Arturia can fix this via a firmware update.

troublesleep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 09:28:38 am »
The pitch input is part of the mod-matrix!

Oh right!

I tried that too but unfortunately I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Weird that Arturia's products work terribly together.

Freakwichtel

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 09:34:48 am »
Hello,
I got the same problem hooking up my Minibrute with the Beatstep.
It first didn't work over Midi. and it's pitching 3 octaves higher with the CV IN.
And it even makes sound while the Minibrute Master Volume knob ist turned down. Like a kind of selfoscillating sound.

I don't know, why Arturia products didn't match up this time....

Somebody got a solution yet?

bluefishcolne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 12:36:43 pm »
I can confirm that the basic CV output is too high and the gate is too low… Tried it on a MiniMg and I have to have all 3 range switches  set to 32'. Even then, it's still too high and I'm having to feed it through my modulars CV adder (along with a -3V source) to reduce the output. Not ideal but it works. Also, the gate won't trigger my ARP… That has to be processed via the 2600's amp to get it to a decent level

Hoping Arturia can fix this via a firmware update.

Hurray iam not on my own wasn't to sure if it was me only got a Mg slim phatty and use it by usb so kinda new to this < bar using reason>

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines