March 28, 2024, 06:51:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab > Analog Lab CS80v Delay Amt knob (need someone to test on mac)  (Read 4298 times)

Topaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi guys

can someone please load up a CS80 patch in analog lab and turn the Delay Amt knob and tell me if the sound is ok.

when I do this there is a pop and the sound engine cuts out.. only does it on CS80 presets.

OSX 10.8.5
latest build of analog lab.

cheers

vaikl

You mean "Delay Wet"? Have tested a dozen CS-80 V patches now and everything works ok, no pops or cut-outs, both in standalone or in Live 9. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.2 with latest Analog Lab also.

Topaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi, no the Delay/Amt knob (14)

turning it fully clockwise and back causes a pop then no sound but only with cs80 patches in Analog Lab player (not the full CS80)

vaikl

That might be the problem. There's a "Delay Amt" name for knob 14 on the generic Analog Lab stencil, but there's no corresponding parameter for the CS-80 V patches in Analog Lab itself. Maybe the delay amt print was made for the iSem app, not for other synths.

Now to the strange thing: In standalone mode AL shows me the "Delay Wet" parameter on knob 14 for CS-80 V patches when displaying the Minilab layout screen (below the browser). No problem there when turning this knob, sound changes as it should. If i work in Live 9 and add my Minilab as a controller on a AL track without restarting, the knob name display on the AL GUI is empty, but turning the knob won't hurt. Only if i restart Live, the knob name will appear with "Delay Wet" and all works as it should.

Topaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ok, my issue is when turning the delay/amt knob with any CS80 patch Analog Lab makes a pop then the sound engine locks up.

This happens in both Au vst and stand alone.

Just to confirm this is in Analog Lab only, ie: I have not native plugins installed, no v-collection plugins.

Topaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

Just a note to say this is a confirmed bug and will be fixed in the next version,.

SunBro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Here we are, two years later and this bug has finally been fixed with analog lab II.

vaikl

Here we are, two years later and this bug has finally been fixed with analog lab II.

Don't think that they have fixed anything in AL 1 :-\ :-\ It's not magic to let a product die and make something new instead of solving problems for existing customers.

SunBro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

Don't think that they have fixed anything in AL 1 :-\ :-\ It's not magic to let a product die and make something new instead of solving problems for existing customers.
We all can talk hours and hours about this, i did everything on my part to get them to fix stuff... i guess we should just shut up and be grateful for the free upgrade we got.

vaikl

We all can talk hours and hours about this, i did everything on my part to get them to fix stuff... i guess we should just shut up and be grateful for the free upgrade we got.

Editing your V4 instruments in the new AL2 will cost you 99,- minimum (only for your existing, licensed V4 synths), because you'll have to update to new engines and GUIs. That's not a "free upgrade".

SunBro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

Editing your V4 instruments in the new AL2 will cost you 99,- minimum (only for your existing, licensed V4 synths), because you'll have to update to new engines and GUIs. That's not a "free upgrade".

Well, i have zero standalone modules. Analog lab is literally all i have. But for your case, yeah, that's not free at all. Sorry.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines