March 28, 2024, 12:19:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 ??  (Read 5681 times)

jwh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Reverbnation
Spark 2 ??
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:29:13 pm »
Hi,
I've not been on the forum for a while as I was waiting for the new Spark software to be released in March
have I missed this, or has it not been released yet ?

John
i7/16GB RAM, Win 7 X 64, SONAR X3D Producer
V-Studio20, HagstromF200P, Ibanez Talman, Fender Bass, Rokit 8 Monitors, Maschine MK2, Spark LE

ghunter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark 2 ??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 12:34:15 pm »
Im also curios to when this will be released. Really looking forward to the 50 new kits and Refx update!

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 01:34:46 pm »
march is over, would you please release a beta version of spark 2.0 in the forum, just like you did with 1.7.2. it would be very nice. greetings from berlin germany by Le0

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 09:04:56 am »
Hi Guys,
As you have noticed, we are a bit late.
The public beta should be available very soon and the the release is planned for the and of April.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Seiishu

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 03:18:58 pm »
I can't wait to get my hands on it. Hopefully some annoyances in 1.7.2 will be gone with release of 2.0

How can I get into beta testing program? Is there any specific requirements or anyone who is willing to play guinea pig can enter?

Thanks in advance!

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 06:05:37 pm »
It's now available in the beta forum.

Seiishu

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 06:13:38 pm »
Thank you for this info. Your valuable opinion? At current stage, is it still too buggy to replace 1.7.2?

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 06:56:13 pm »
Well it's a beta so yes there will be bugs and unfinished bits, you can always install it to a different folder & library location so you can use both in standalone at least. For me I'll stick with v2 and hopefully be able to report any reproducable bugs I find as I doubt Arturia will want to spend any time fixing 1.7 issues now. V2 is a big improvement in terms of workflow and design, plus the ability to design sounds, which is what it's all about for me :)

I have experienced a couple of crashes with it so far, but it is to be expected at this stage, I just hope it ends up rock solid.

Seiishu

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 07:16:23 pm »
The fact that we can have both installed parallel (1.7.2 and 2.0) is great. I will do that then. I want to help reporting bugs if and when I find some, but in the same time I did not want to have only beta version installed in case it's really too buggy at this stage.

This will allow me to have best of both worlds I guess. 1.7.2 crashed on my end only once since the first day I used it and it was when I tried dropping my own sample into the sample bank. I believe I tried drag'n'drop method, not even sure if it's supported. Other than that, 1.7.2 runs pretty smooth.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:21:22 am by Seiishu »

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 02:54:18 am »
Actually I've just tried to run 1.72 standalone and it doesn't load anymore, so perhaps there is a shared library that v2 has replaced or something similar which is annoying. I'm sorry Seiishu seems I was wrong, I just assumed it would work.. sorry again

Seiishu

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 02:59:41 am »
I just installed Spark 2 and it looks unbelievable. Can't wait for final release.

Anyway, I installed it in separate folder, I hoped I would be able to run old 1.7.2 as well as 2.0 Beta, but unfortunately after installing Spark 2 Beta into separate folder, my Spark 1.7.2 won't launch anymore. After starting it, I get a message "Spark.exe has stopped working".

Spark 2 Beta runs fine, apart from one crash that I experienced when trying to load one project. Next time I tried loading it, it worked fine.

Another question... how does this Beta testing affect our license? Once Spark 2 goes Gold (out of Beta), are we going to have to enter all those information again, or everything is done automatically?

Seiishu

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 03:01:14 am »
Actually I've just tried to run 1.72 standalone and it doesn't load anymore, so perhaps there is a shared library that v2 has replaced or something similar which is annoying. I'm sorry Seiishu seems I was wrong, I just assumed it would work.. sorry again

No need to apologize my friend. I posted my reply just couple of seconds ago, didn't even see your post. All good. Spark 2, even though only Beta, looks so good and promising I already fell in love. Unbelievable intuitive, I can't wait for final release.

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 03:08:58 am »
It is very good although I have quite a few bugs and had plenty of crashes. I've reported all the ones which are reproducible with screen vids which will hopefully help. It is a shame they can't both run, perhaps Arturia will offer a workaround until v2 tightens up even if it means manually renaming conflicting libraries.

Not sure on copy protection as I don't think Spark uses eLicenser.

Seiishu

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 03:50:08 am »
I just had another Pad number 1 "lock down". I have no clue why is this happening. It works perfectly fine and then at one point Pad number 1 simply locks itself out and I can't use it until I physically remove USB cable and reconnect my controller.

Also, I've noticed even with 1.7.2 (with Spark 2 as well), when I click that button to disconnect/reconnect controller, it says it's disconnected and I see it is since I can't interact with it, but lights are still on on many of my pads. In normal conditions lights should go off and the only one I see is supposed to be that small Spark led under MODE/SPARK/MIDI in the top right corner.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:23:49 am by Seiishu »

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 05:26:14 am »
I would contact support, I don't think that the forums are considered a proper support channel, more a self help group.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines