March 28, 2024, 06:12:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Long samples get faded away!? Help!  (Read 3457 times)

Satanoid

• Apprentice
Long samples get faded away!? Help!
« on: March 31, 2014, 12:47:05 pm »
I have a gig tomorrow and I have no idea how to have longer samples stay playing when I press the pads. ATM they play for like 5-10 seconds and then fade away. I tried to wiggle the decay and attack, but it didn't go long enough.

Seiishu

Re: Long samples get faded away!? Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 03:54:42 pm »
Have you ever solved this? I am running into similar problem. Whenever I try to load new sample into a spot where some previous sample was before, it does not reset filters/effect settings to default, but keeping old settings from the old sample instead. Really annoying, especially I can't find any option where to reset everything to default and start clean. Is there a preset to wipe out all samples and reset effects to factory settings, so we can start adding instruments from scratch?

I know there is D.I.Y Sample Templates Vol.1, but they already have samples in and almost every sample has filters applied. For example, I am trying to load 4 seconds long synthesizer pad loop into one of the instrument spots, and just like in your case, it starts playing but after just one second it starts fading out. It also has some effects applied and it doesn't sound anything like the original WAV sample I wanted to hear. I tried playing with knobs resetting them all to default position, but I never managed to get exactly the same sound like original WAV.

Can someone from Arturia team help with this please? How to draw their attention to this thread? This is really slowing down our productivity.

Thanks in advance!

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:36:49 am »
Max sample length is 13s.
But the fact that your imported sample has not the right length is a bug.
Have you tried to load the basic 80's Studio Drums BD then load your own sample on it. This could be a workaround
Anyway thanks for your bug report ! ;)
.......testing.......

Seiishu

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:38:37 am »
Thanks for your reply. I also asked about this in the following thread: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=82080.0

Creating new project from scratch helped in my case.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 11:48:18 am »
No problem. But if you want to begin with a factory project and only change one instrument in the set you should follow the workaround in order to have a reseted inst.
Cheers ;)
.......testing.......

Seiishu

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 01:42:11 pm »
Thank you Ben! Message taken, and sure it's super useful until there is a permanent fix in upcoming software update.

While we're at reporting programs bugs... I know I should start a separate thread, but if I post it here, it will probably catch your attention easier and a lot faster faster. I hope forum moderator can move this message into new thread later (for easier search purposes in case it could help someone  else in future).

It happened once and I didn't want to report it since I though it wasn't really a bug, but maybe rather something I did on my end. So, it happened for the second time last night... I can't recreate this problem since I don't really remember what exactly I did to cause this, but I remember I was trying to record my pattern by live playing using bottom pads, not using sequencer mode. First big pad (number 1), locked itself and it was completely non-responsive to touch (on my SparkLE hardware controller). It wouldn't produce sound, it wouldn't even light up when touched. All other pads would work perfectly fine. I tried touching same pad in my software and it worked perfectly fine, producing sound and lighting up as it should, on both, software and on my hardware controller. Every time I touch pad number 1 on my computer, it produced sound and lit up the LEDs on both, software screen and SparkLE. I tried loading completely different project - no help. Pad number 1 still non-responsive. I tried pressing INT key on software to disconnect and then reconnect my SparkLE - still same. No matter how many times I repeat that, it wouldn't help at all.

The only thing that would help is physically disconnecting SparkLE by removing USB cable, let it alone 1-2 seconds, and then reconnect everything. I am using direct USB connection to my i5 machine with 16 Gb of RAM and very good dedicated sound card, with plenty of empty space on my hard drive.

Again, unfortunately I can't recall what exactly I did to cause this behaviour, but I remember I tried recording live and pad number 1 "locked" itself while I was using it... hitting it couple of times pretty fast to record kick drum sequence (but not too hard definitely, I love my SparkLE).

Regards.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:18:39 am by Seiishu »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 09:22:13 am »
Hi Seiishu,
the best thing to do is to report these issues in the beta test email so Ben will enter it in our bug tracking system.

thx
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Seiishu

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 11:52:17 am »
Hi Kevin, and thanks for your respond.

But this has nothing to dowith Spark 2 Beta. It was happening on my machine with 1.7.2 as well. Guys at the store said it's clearly a hardware issue. I tried it on my Mac OS X, latest version as well.

Something is bugging my pad #1.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:09:55 am by Seiishu »

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 11:54:02 am »
Do you have a support ticket number?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Seiishu

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 12:10:01 pm »
I have two tickets. Just sent you personal message.
Did you get it in your inbox?

The second one is regarding the replacement SparkLE controller and the licensing question. Store will get a replacement this week, and I was just wondering can I keep using same software licence if I just receive new hardware unit?

They might not give me new software since I already registered this current one.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:15:10 am by Seiishu »

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 12:14:46 pm »
I am not very sure about these license issues.
I will let the support answer you.
As I wrote in my PM they will answer you soon.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Seiishu

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 12:25:48 pm »
Also I'd appreciate if someone could try doing what I was doing in my video (vimeo link is posted two replies before this one) to replicate pad#1 locking itself. If someone else could do it, then it might be trouble in Spark software too... Since I never tried using controller in any external DAW to see if this pad#1 would lock itself there too.
If anyone is willing to help me by testing, they need to use either Spark 1.7.2 or Spark 2 beta. It happens in both on my end here.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: OK, I just tested my controller in Ableton Live 9, although demo version. Same thing is happening, pad #1 lock itself after just couple of taps on it. So it's definitely a hardware issue, not the Spark software issue.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:16:38 am by Seiishu »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 01:39:34 pm »
Hi this is a hardware issue i cannot repeat this issue with my equipment.

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Seiishu

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 01:47:00 pm »
Thank you Terry. Yes, I also confirmed it trying it in Ableton. Pad #1 behaves completely crazy. When I switch my controller to MIDI mode, you need to press all pads just once to make LED light go on, and only once to make it off. Pad #1 starts flickering like crazy, and after couple of seconds it turns itself on, but it stays on even if I press it again to turn it off. It locks itself for some reason.

I am getting new controller and hopefully it will arrive to the store soon.

Thank you so much for taking your time to test it and help me with this. Greatly appreciated Terry.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines