March 28, 2024, 11:48:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark VDM - vCollection - 64-bit?  (Read 1291 times)

cpnet

Spark VDM - vCollection - 64-bit?
« on: March 23, 2014, 08:02:58 pm »
Is the Spark VDM software included in vCollection 3 available with a 64-bit plug-in (Windows 7)?

I installed the vCollection 3 software a couple of months ago (end of Dec. 2013).  I noticed that I can only see the Spark plug-in when I run the 32-bit versions of my DAW's (Maschine 1.8/2.0, Ableton 9.1).  I browsed around and saw that then Spark was installed, it ignored the VST folder I set in the installation options. 

During the vCollection install, I set custom VST plug-in folders for my 32 and 64 bit plug-ins (both folders on an external drive).  With the exception of Spark, all of the Arturia plug-ins (32 and 64 bit) installed to the expected folder.  Spark ignored my settings, and installed into the default plug-in folder on my c:\ drive.

Is this fixable (or does Spark VDM only install 32-bit in the default 32-bit plug-in folder)?  If I can fix it, what's the best way?  Can/should I run the stand-along Spark VDM install, or do I need to re-run the vCollection install?

cpnet

Re: Spark VDM - vCollection - 64-bit?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 08:29:09 pm »
I discovered that when I manually copy the Spark VDM VST plug-in .dll's from the locations where the install put them into my actual VST plug-in folders, Spark VDM is available in my 64-bit DAW's.

That works for now, but how can I fix this properly so when I do updates the right things get updated in the right places?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines