March 28, 2024, 11:39:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: possible minibrute issue?  (Read 6284 times)

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
possible minibrute issue?
« on: September 27, 2012, 02:43:54 pm »
Last night I switched my mb on and after 20 minutes went to play it and there was no sound from the headphone or master output,and when I moved the volume knobs there was a nasty clicking and buzzing on the speakers and the bass cones were moving a lot even though there was no sound apart from the buzzing. I switched it off and on again and it was fine. Has anybody else experienced this ? Other than that I am very happy with my mb :)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Re: possible minibrute issue?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 05:39:00 pm »
yes happened to me once too. I was unable to reproduce it.

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 10:14:05 am »
Hopefully it was just a one off. Worked fine last night anyway and I did everything the same. I will keep an eye on it.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:57:39 am »
hi,
could that be when you start the machine this the gate selector switch, set to Hold position?
If so, the gate could be opened, and by default the VCO start at the lowest possible frequency (CV =0V), so around 16Hz. At this frequency your speakers could be wobbling indeed. Depending on the harmonic content of the waveforms mixer settings, specially if using metalizer or rich high order harmonics generator, you could get high freq sounds on top.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 02:17:58 pm »
hi Bruno thanks for the reply. It was set to kbd on the back and just the saw wave with no modulation,low pass filter fully open no res or env. Very strange but like i say when I switched it back on it worked fine,but it did have a low frequency hum for 60 seconds after I switched it bwck on but that soon disappeared. The last time I used it before that was to control my sh101 via cv don't know if thats relevant or not but it was unplugged.

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 05:19:57 am »
This is how my Minibrute was when I first turned it on. I was worried it was completely dead. It did the same thing where moving the volume knob caused bursts of noise. Turning it off and back on fixed the issue.

ddt242

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 12:28:56 pm »
I have seen such behavior once in shop. First turn on of a Minibrute and no response - like dead. After a while (maybe some switching, restarting - don't remember well) it was alive.

electronicpoison

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 10:42:38 pm »
my minibrute also need two times  switching  on and off before i get any sounds out  of it!

Ed Solo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 02:17:25 am »
Yep, it happend to me the very 1st time i switched it on, i thought it was broke, i have had the minibrute a few days now and it has not happend again.

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 09:31:22 am »
It happened again with mine today. Turning it off and back on fixed it again. Troublesome :(

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 11:05:31 am »
Happened again. This, and some other glitches really bum me out because I am loving the sound of this synth.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines