March 28, 2024, 10:57:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [REVOLVED] URGENT Audio issue - is my brand new defected or is it me  (Read 3792 times)

kopycat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey

Tuesday of this week (Oct 30th) I bought a brand new MiniBrute in London and brought it with me back to Scandinavia. I started it yesterday, plugged it in to my Bhringer mixer with a standard cable into the Master Out + that I put my headphones into the Phones jack on the back of the Minibrute. I have at three times started it and waited everything from 5 to 15 minutes to get the analog circuits warmed up. I have tried to set the patch as described in the manual and then playing the keyboard - I hear nothing!!!

Not a single sound, dead silent am I doing something wrong here or have I purchased a defected copy. Reason I bought it in the UK was that I did not have the time to wait until December when it is due to show up here. Perhaps it is me not knowing what I am doing since it is my first true analog synth. I have a microKORG as well but never experienced this kind of problems.

PLEASE ASSIST!!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:53:15 am by Bruno@arturia »

tomeso

• Beta-testers
Re: URGENT Audio issue - is my brand new defected or is it me
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:33:25 pm »
You should check if the gate source switch on the back is set to KBD (for keyboard). If it is set to hold or audio, the VCA will not trigger and you will not hear any sound.

cheers
Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

jimtheswede

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 02:08:33 pm »
You should check if the gate source switch on the back is set to KBD (for keyboard). If it is set to hold or audio, the VCA will not trigger and you will not hear any sound.

cheers
Frank

Yeah - when I got mine, it was set on Audio.  Freaked me out for a few minutes, but of course I was also very excited to play it!  Hope that is the issue you have!!!

kopycat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 07:56:06 pm »
I am going start my evening test now and try out all the tips I've received so far

keeping my fingers crossed......

kopycat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:39:37 am »
PROBLEMS SOLVED  :D

Thanks all for all asists

//Ola

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines