March 28, 2024, 09:37:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tremelo problem WTF!  (Read 3930 times)

novos

Tremelo problem WTF!
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:16:30 pm »
Hello all,

I received my Minibrute in August. I've had a couple of problems since getting it. The LFO on the Amp aka Tremolo is not working.
When I release my finger from the keys, it continues to sustain. I teach synthesis at MI in hollywood so I like to think I know what I'm doing. I wrote to arturia in August, but no response. I also never received the preset sheets. They were not in the box for some reason. I been talking to guitar center about this, but they never get back to me.

I purchased the extended warranty through guitar center because I've had problems with Arturia hardware in the past and I almost expected this to happen. :(

Please help!!!

???

Ed Solo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Tremelo problem WTF!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 02:15:11 am »
Yeah, mines the same, i presumed it was designed like that but i would prefer it if i would act normally.

Peter K

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:26:24 am »
I figured out what it is...

First, make sure you have the switch on the back set to KBD.  (It moved on me once and I spent a while looking at the front panel for nothing). 

Second, make sure the mod wheel switch is set to LFO amount. 

That will prevent the modulation from happening on its own until you move the wheel.  You can play the keyboard normally and add trem to it as you'd expect.  However, it will still trigger the tremolo if you push it forward on its own, even without playing the keys.  A strange implementation, but it has a workaround.

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:54:04 pm »
Perhaps there could be another software-activated feature that enabled the LFO only when there is a key pressed/a gate signal high.  Should be possible, since the LFO is digitally controlled.

That could solve much of the issue with the amp envelope not behaving as some would wish.  The only places where it wouldn't work very well by this idea is with long release notes, where the LFO would get disabled.  But that's why it would be a toggle-able feature.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 09:16:34 am »
Good idea!
it's possible to do that on the key pressed, but the firmware does not know the gate IN state.
better than nothing....

thanks
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Dovinia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 04:49:30 pm »
Perhaps there could be another software-activated feature that enabled the LFO only when there is a key pressed/a gate signal high.  Should be possible, since the LFO is digitally controlled.

That could solve much of the issue with the amp envelope not behaving as some would wish.  The only places where it wouldn't work very well by this idea is with long release notes, where the LFO would get disabled.  But that's why it would be a toggle-able feature.

You mean like an LFO One Shot option ? That would be nice! Can't be too difficult to implement in a future revision of the connection software ?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 02:31:04 pm »
I think it's something different, but both should be doable.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines