March 28, 2024, 02:44:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 has a broken Middle C key.  (Read 32077 times)

Cool rio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab 49 has a broken Middle C key.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 10:58:55 pm »
Yo Real soon,

They just offered to send me a new keybed. Did they give you some options?

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 03:00:16 am »
No, the only thing mentioned to me was shipping it off for repair. I'm handy with this stuff and bet I could install a replacement keybed without too much trouble. Thanks for the tip, I'll bring it up!

Aldred411

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 08:51:46 pm »
 Did your key get fixed
I just returned my first faulty keylab got the replacement opened it in the shop and the middle © was sticking up an inch odd above the rest
I just got a different keyboard instead

Cool rio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 06:02:06 pm »
Ok I sent off my keyboard for repair. It took about 3 weeks to get back and it plays and feels great!
Thanks Arturia you did good and I feel good!

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 05:12:12 pm »
I was worried about shipping across the country only to have a freight carrier destroy my 'Lab, so we went with shipping the smaller, lighter keybed to me for replacement. I was thinking there'd be a lot of wiring to mess with and all, but it was nothing but a few screws and a couple of ribbons. Easy as pie and I'm back in business. (this happened weeks ago incidentally; I didn't have to wait long, just procrastinated on posting my results!)

+1 for Jerome and Arturia, this has all been a good support experience.

Assuming the new keybed's base is part of the original manufacturing run, I'm thinking of experimenting some with the original keybed for a longterm repair in case the new one fails. Rubber cement or some such would work for the short term, but if the plastic there is prone to breaking, something else is needed. If/when I work that out, I'll work up an easy DIY writeup and materials list.

jpcs

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 04:09:47 am »
Thank you so much! This was bugging me for a while and didnt want to have to ship it off. just removed the back cover and glued the part back on just as you described! life saver! :D

xdehbom

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 03:30:28 am »
wow the middle c key on my keylab just popped up aswell... googled and found this thread. what the hell

George Ware

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 02:06:10 am »
Hi have B & C on my KeyLab-61.
I can still play a note. but I am very disappointed and I already sold my Roland A-90 controller.

George Ware

Jgreazy

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 07:47:33 pm »
After returning two broken Keylab 49 (keybed issue) to my retailer my third one has a broken key too. This happened just after my return period expired. I emailed Arturia support and they said they would send me a new keybed. They actually responded immediately to my initial emails....well after over a month of waiting and no response after inquiring about it I am fed up and took the keylab apart to fix it myself. I found the broken black plastic bumper that is supposed to keep the key from raising up and super glued it back in place. After opening the keylab I was SHOCKED to see the terrible workmanship. Dirty, muddy fingerprints everywhere, and all over the circuit boards and loose cables. This is the last time I buy ANY Arturia product. I don't mind when a company screws up, just take responsibility for it and man up. Stop trying to hide your manufacturing problems and be honest with your customers. So long and good luck ;)

George Ware

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 06:13:22 am »
Hello Everyone,
Today I got my replacement 61-keyboard from Arturia.
I removed all the outer screws
and disconnected the ribbon cable and 2-wire aftertouch cable. (note I marked the cable that connected to the small arrow on the connector)
I then removed the 20 screws that held the 61-keyboard to the bottom plate.
I reversed the process to re-install the 61-keyboard to the bottom plate.
Re-connected the ribbon and aftertouch cable.
Re-installed the outer screws to the upper Part of the KeyLab.
powered up KeyLab-61 everything works fine.

Open my ticket on 7/9/2014
Got my keyboard on 7/22/2014

Thank you so much Arturia!!!! ;D

George Ware

RooksB416

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 03:32:56 am »
Ah man... I just had the same thing happen. My 'B' key is sticking up. I just opened a support ticket and i'm hoping it can get fixed. I've only had this board for 8 months and it's seen very light use in my home studio (never gigged). I was apprehensive on buying the keylab because of all the negative comments on their customer support forums but I went ahead and bought it anyways; and I have to say i've been really pleased with it until now. Here's hoping I can get this resolved...

to be continued....

RooksB416

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 04:04:03 am »
Just an update about what happened with my keyboard. So after waiting a few days and not even hearing from Arturia or being issued a response to my email; I decided I should go ahead and fix it myself. I followed reybarr's instructions and glued the broken piece and it fixed the key myself. It was pretty easy. I used a paint pen to mark the two sides for the aftertouch chord - So I didn't mess the polarity up or anything.

Thank you reybarr - without your post; I wouldn't have had the confidence to attempt it myself.

No thank you to Arturia for your shitty customer service.

After a few weeks of use the key has been fine - but now the modulation wheel is clicking and seems off center a bit... probably a matter of time to when that falls apart as well. I've had a few M-audio midi key boards before this one which were a third the price and waaaay better quality and had customer service.

I can't recommend this lemon of a keyboard to anyone. If you like the software - go for it. It's pretty good. But unfortunately, the stories of Arturia customer service are not myth. Don't waste your money on a product it's own company doesn't back up it's own products.

mylescdavis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 04:49:55 pm »
I just joined the elevated key crowd - in my case, it's the B above middle C.  Oh, joy.

Just filed a support ticket (183592).  We'll see what happens.

Myles

djwaxxy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 02:05:28 pm »
samethings happened to me yesterday...my middle c key has just popped up and is very flappy :(
ive sent of a ticket yesterday asking for help and got a reply asking what country im from so I told them England but got no reply yet.

im hoping its a quick easy fix.

im shocked how bad the keys are they are very poor quality compared to the rest of the keyboard which is built like a tank.
I originally bought the keyboard to be used for live gigs but once I got it out if the box I realised it wouldn't withstand and type of gigging or rehersals so I use it as my studio master keyboard ,which I must admit up until the problem yesterday I was really happy using it in my studio but for gigs ill buy another brand which could withstand gigging.

---------------------

what do arturua usually do in the broken key situation ?do they send you just 1 replacement key or do they send you a full keybed ?
and is it easy to fix yourself?
given the choice and to save time if the solution is home diy id rather fix it at home so im not losing anytime in the studio.

djwaxxy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 03:12:41 pm »
ive found a vid on youtube showing how to replace broken keybed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPbIxk4DYhg

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines