March 28, 2024, 11:02:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 has a broken Middle C key.  (Read 32074 times)

reybarr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab 49 has a broken Middle C key.
« on: March 18, 2014, 06:36:36 pm »
I see there is a major hardware flaw in the manufacturing process.  I am waiting on a reply from Arturia US support on what the next steps are to get my gear replaced or fixed.  So far I have not seen any threads of what Arturia is doing about the problem.  I see its happening on the minibrute .  Anyone want to chime in. :'(... I went ahead and got a novation impulse to use in the meantime.  I would like to get my Keylab fixed asap...

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Keylab 49 has a broken Middle C key.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:36:56 am »
Hi reybarr,

Could you let me know what's your case number please?

Best regards,

J.

reybarr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 03:56:50 pm »
hello Jerome

Case #160718

Hi reybarr,

Could you let me know what's your case number please?

Best regards,

J.

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:36:51 pm »
Check your mails ;).

reybarr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 08:23:29 pm »
I have not received anything in my email.   ???

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:19:03 am »
Hi rey,

However I replied to the email address which is displayed on this case.

Best,

J.

reybarr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 05:27:16 pm »
srb71371@live.com

I didnt get it

reybarr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 09:35:14 pm »
Still WAITING? on Some kind of reply to get my machine fixed

this is the last time I am going to deal with this company Arturia. >:(

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 08:43:15 am »

Hi,

I'm a bit confused, a certain Steven replied to my last message on ticket 160718..

Best,

Jérôme

reybarr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 01:27:07 am »
This is Steven. aka Reybarr.

forget it I fixed it myself. Thanks

Cool rio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 04:31:52 am »
How did you fix it? I am having the exact same problem with my Keylab and Guitar center.

reybarr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 07:02:58 am »
Rio,

it was really simple.

Take the bottom outer edge screws off. This will release the top of the keylab from the top region of the device. be careful when you separate the sections. there are two cables connected. one cable is the aftertouch, the other is the cable that connects the keyboard. I marked the aftertouch cable with a sharpy marker just to stay aware of how it needs to be reconected. it has no markings showing how its polarity is. disconect them and you can work on the keyboard without having cables restraining you.

The key pops of easy.  All you need to do is take the spring off. it just takes a little courage to pop it off. you will see how it is. it comes right off by dislodging it.

Once you do that the key itself has a tab that needs a little pressure to release it. i used a little screwdriver to bend the tab to release the key. Once released, push the key forward and it will come right off.

There should be a broken peace inside the key. (hopefully its still there). The broken piece fell out.  Its a plastic bumper that is what keeps the key from popping up.

I took the broken piece and cleaned it off as much as I could of broken debris.  I got some crazy glue and glued it back on.  You will see how it originally sits. Like a puzzle. It will fit.  Dont glue it until you understand how it sits.

I put the crazy glue on the broken piece and put it in place. I held it for 30 seconds to make sure it was sitting right.  make sure the broken piece is sitting flush before you let the glue dry. 

I let it sit for a hour over lunch. When I returned it was as good as new.

Just do the same putting it back together carefully.  I was surprised that I actually did it.  Its been a hassle, but I feel better about it.

Good Luck and thanks for sharing. I hope this helps

Oh ,, when you put the screws back in on the bottom panel, dont torque them too much because the screws can strip. 

Steve

let me know how it goes

Cool rio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 05:11:21 pm »
Oh man, I don't know if I trust myself to try it but good to know it is possible to fix it. If I decide to try, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks a lot for the instructions!

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 06:21:30 am »
Yep, my Middle C key is sticking up like a broken bone right now. I just opened a ticket with Technical Support (ticket# 161539_98ebjqrvhshou1ao ) about it as I've only had mine for a little while. I've had basically no other issues with it in the time I've owned it, aside from wishing I could control the aftertouch delay, but that's just preference. Hardware-wise, it's been a great controller until this key broke.

So, I'll keep my eyes on this post and also hope for the best in the response to my ticket.

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 01:29:21 am »
So far so good on my process. Thanks Jerome!

I'm expecting mine to be away for a while, since it's going to ship all the way across the country and back. I'll report on the general times, but since this appears to have been a manufacture issue, I'm betting the repair itself won't take long. And assuming the new key's been made to proper spec, that should take care of it.

While I'm realistic about it, I'm *really* hoping there's at least a partial refund on the shipment to send it off. That'd be the fairest thing and would make for excellent customer service. I've been lucky to have very few warranty RMA's in my life to deal with and that's been a common service feature.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines