March 28, 2024, 11:07:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Keyboard's weight??  (Read 4631 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Origin Keyboard's weight??
« on: October 21, 2012, 11:12:48 pm »
How much does it actually weight? Manual says 18kg but on Arturia site they say 23kg...?!?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:32:12 am by JacksonP »

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: Origin keyboard's weight??
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:31:13 am »
Anybody???

This should not be that difficult question...? Which one is right, manual (18kg) or Arturia site specs (23kg)?

tertior

Re: Origin Keyboard's weight??
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:48:19 am »
I will say 18 kg; the origin rack is 8 kg so 10 kg for a keyboard midi logic for me.

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 10:37:48 am »
I've been said that it is 23kg
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 12:00:44 am »
Ok. Thx!

I was even considering including it to my live key-rig but 23 kg is perhaps too much. It's 7kg more than my 76-keys stage piano (Nord Stage2)! But who knows, maybe I'm crazy enough some day to have it.

P.S. I have had dark times and long days: my Origin (desktop) went broken and now I am waiting and waiting for getting it back. Fortunately I have my Virus TI2 to have at least some play mate. But believe me, Virus does not replace Origin, it's from totally different world. You don't get this presence, puntch and power from Virus, which you have with O. (But to be fair, there are plenty of things which you don't get from Origin as well. Most obviously, Virus has SO MUCH polyphony and full 16 part multitimbrality....)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:25:59 pm by JacksonP »

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 07:35:14 pm »
I was even considering including it to my live key-rig but 23 kg is perhaps too much. It's 7kg more than my 76-keys stage piano (Nord Stage2)!

You need to get stronger roadies dude  ;D

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 04:17:21 am »

I weighed mine - I don't have a precision scale but it's somewhere between 18kg and 19kg. Arturia site specs need to be corrected.

So - time to get the keyboard JacksonP! The ribbon is worth it...

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 03:10:34 pm »
Many thanks! I will re-consider this next time I have extra bucks. ;)

Anyway, it's still quite heavy for 61-keys synth action keyboard. As I said, there are lighter hammer action keyboards with 73 to even 88 keys. Does this weight give you a feeling of good build quality and strong structure?

Speaking of it, I love Origin - its sound, it's GUI, it's general idea and philosophy - but what I fear most is its long term durability. My first Origin (desktop) was a total disaster, all the knobs were beginning to get broken one by one. I had to cancel the deal and return it. Now, this second unit of mine is still under repairment (my biggest christmas wish is to have it back before new year). It just did not boot anymore one day. So can we count on that 18kgs keyboard Origin is any better? If the electronics (knobs and all the things inside) won't last, we are screwed: you have to probably send it to France and cross your fingers that they have replacement parts. That's why it is SO important that Arturia will keep this production going. I am afraid they are only ones in the world to fix it...

(Btw sometimes I wonder how many people in Arturia actually know what they're selling. There's quite a big difference with 25kg and real (?) 18kg. This "extra" 5kg may have been crucial factor for some customers to NOT buy it...)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:25:38 pm by JacksonP »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines