March 28, 2024, 02:43:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Improvements!  (Read 164237 times)

ArturiaPlanet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark Improvements!
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2016, 03:04:43 pm »
...Some of the kits I swear were mixed by someone with hard of hearing...

I totally agree. :)) Herzig DNB for example.

Dear Arturia,
for this Christmas I wish that SparkLE could...
- export instrument automation together with MIDI clips
- export MIDI clips respecting given SHUFFLE settings (I ended up quanitizing to swing in DAW)
- allow recording pitch automation with MIDI keyboard (e.g. when pressing key onbe octave lower than the sound, it would save pitch -12 for given step and create note with given velocity)
- allow bypassing all effects on instruments, aux busses and master bus at once
- allow using external effect (I understand this could be a problem with cross-machine compatibiltiy of exported libraries; this is just nice to have thing).

Why?
My workflow with SparkLE is following: I ended up sketching beat patterns in Spark and then exporting them to DAW. Then on some occasions, e.g. changing patterns, I like to  add little drum changes here and there.

I like some kits really well, especially vintage drum machines. However, is it just my feeling, or the sounds with internal effects are a bit thin?
It does not bother that much, because one can map kits into DAW and use additional effects (I especially like vintage compressors and Valhalla reverb which can thicken sound and add depth to it). Then it sounds to me great.

Arturia, please try looking at all positive feedback in this thread and make SparkLE better. I am sure that it would attract more people to it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:30:00 pm by ArturiaPlanet »

ArturiaPlanet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2016, 10:22:21 pm »
Also, using Volume knob to set up Shuffle would be nice! I never use Volume knob.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2016, 10:56:40 pm »
Hi , You can use select and tempo to change shuffle .

I like some of your other suggestions too.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

ArturiaPlanet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2016, 01:31:08 pm »
...You can use select and tempo to change shuffle...

Thank you, terrym! :)

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2017, 09:35:59 pm »
As a relatively new user of the SparkLE, I really like it and can get used to pretty much all of it's current features.

All I think it really needs is TAP TEMPO!

Kiuas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2017, 01:10:33 pm »
Would be great to be able to reassign (sparkLe) controller knobs.

I.e. I rarely use master volume/swing or BPM functions during jamming, so it would be nice if these knobs could be utilized as per channel filter:cutoff/resonance, volume/pan, Attack/decay etc. This is partly since the touch-pad is not precise enough to make adjustments, also constantly changing the assignable knobs requires visual connection to screen.

Jog dial could also function as nice cutoff/resonance knob in main window...

Touch pad´s precision could be also affected if it could be set to operate like laptop track pad which sensitivity/resolution can be altered. I.e. Making 0-127 value change can mean 2-3 strokes across the touch pad. Although touch-pad issues might be hardware issues of my unit...

Also this question may fall in this category https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90730.0 If "spark mode" button/pad/knob behavior can be affected as "midi mode" is there is lot be explored in workflow vise.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 01:30:53 pm by Kiuas »

Lovesound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2017, 10:32:05 am »
A feature I desperately miss is: Saving & loading 'Midi Assignments' !! And be able to use different Settings for two instances (Plug-In).
Hopefully someone from Arturia is reading this.

ps - I am pretty sure you can do it with other Arturia Plug-Ins, so it should'nt be that difficult ;-)

Best for now,
Sebastian

bouz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2017, 07:38:13 pm »
What i miss is a groove type of thing. Like in reason. Or a humanise function as in the Roland R8.
Not only shuffle.
And a transient shaper and pitch shifter (with lfo) in the studio effects.

boombaxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2018, 11:08:28 am »
They have been saying they were going to update this for 5 years. Every plugin has had an update apart from this one  ???

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2018, 05:28:52 pm »
They have been saying they were going to update this for 5 years. Every plugin has had an update apart from this one  ???

Hi , from what i have been told it will have a bug fix update which i think there working on ATM. but there will be no further features added or further updates after this.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

vaikl

« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2018, 05:19:21 pm »
there will be no further features added or further updates after this.

Terrym

Oh :o. That - and the "glorious" price policy for the V6 upgrade - is enough for me to say "goodbye" to Arturia's products now. I was a loyal customer for several years but Arturia isn't loyal and honest to me any more >:(

Thanks for your ongoing, very good support, Terrym, i appreciate it.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2018, 03:47:55 pm »
Please look and this thread, and post any problems you've been having. That way they'll know what to fix. :)
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90964.0
This space left intentionally blank.

dorianC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Badabooom
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2018, 02:59:03 pm »
PLEASE, PLEASE: Add Multichannel Out routing support in Standalone Mode!

It must be already in your code, as the plugin version already has this, but the standalone version somehow is missing it. I'd even pay your developers/development department directly to implement this missing feature … do you think this is possible? Couldn't take too long. How much would it cost? Maybe we can speak openly about the costs/required time and see if also a few other people would be willing to fund you adding this feature?
Hope you'll reply/take this request serious. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:01:43 pm by dorianC »
Favourite Gear: Logic Pro 9 (still!), Arturia Spark CDM, UAD-2, Focusrite ISA One, REVOX B-77 Tape Machine, u-he Plugins, Vienna Symphonic Library + Bösendorfer Imperial, CME XKey, Doepfer LMK4+

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2018, 06:58:07 pm »
I'm Afraid it looks like theres no more development going to happen to spark. but i think something new may come but its a guess.
TerryM

dorianC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Badabooom
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2018, 10:06:26 am »
Thank you for your quick reply, t.

@I'm Afraid it looks like theres no more development:
Spark just has been updated to v2.4 recently, on Jun 8, 2018 (that was ~2 months ago). So can we consider it being still in development then?

@i think something new may come:
There will be always something new. But this is not what this is all about. I am suggesting to improve something already existing.

Adding MULTICHANNEL OUTPUT to the standalone version (which already exists in the plugin format!?) would fulfill what Spark was intended to be -- a real-life applicable software drum machine (-emulator), which can be used like the real thang, in standalone operation, while summing it through a hardware mixer etc,

Would be a bummer if they'd miss the opportunity to add this important feature to this product, especially when it's such a minor fix/correction. Anyways. So I am just interested to see this getting added to the standalone version (as it already exists in the plugin version!) … and, as said, if it takes Arturia's developer(s) ~ 5-10 hours of work or so I would be able to directly fund the extra work. That's how important this is for me to have.

::) I have the utmost confidence Arturia won't let me down with this issue/request. Hope my voice will be heard.
Favourite Gear: Logic Pro 9 (still!), Arturia Spark CDM, UAD-2, Focusrite ISA One, REVOX B-77 Tape Machine, u-he Plugins, Vienna Symphonic Library + Bösendorfer Imperial, CME XKey, Doepfer LMK4+

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines