March 28, 2024, 12:04:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Improvements!  (Read 164220 times)

Montfrooij

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark Improvements!
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2015, 03:32:16 pm »
For now (1 week user) I have some missing features (or things I don't know and cannot find anywere)

- Pre count when recording (now I have to wait for the pattern to finish and start recording)

- TAP tempo button (SparkLE only),
Missing this is somewhat annoying when starting with a new beat that you have 'in mind'. I now have to grab my metronome.

- Rename a project / kit (now I have to save it as another name and delete the old one.

- Rename tracks in Mixer & Sequencer (when you have a couple of instruments that are the same 'type' you first have to play some to find the right one)

- Rename pattern codes (A1,A2 etc.) per kit in main window  like 'verse1, chorus1 or some personal abbreviation.
Useful when you are switching patterns live and you want to jump back to the first verse pattern or something like that.
Now I have to make notes on my leadsheat where I have to start after the chorus etc.

- Be able to start a pattern at it's first position, even when the loop is not there.
Two reasons for this: when performing with the band (live) sometimes 'they' start too early and I need to start the Chrous 'now' instead of wait for the current pattern to complete.
Secondly, we also sometimes have an extra bar after a verse / chorus and now I have to wait for the pattern length to complete before being able to start with the next.

- Export multiple patterns as a wav file (song)
Useful when collaborating with other musicians that use your 'drum' sequence to play along.

- Give a 'save' notice when closing the software when there are unsaved changes.
(I know, stupid users....)

- Make the swing depending on the time signature.
When using a 6/8 pattern, the swing is still in 4/4 mode, slowing down at the wrong pace.

Maybe there will be more in the future, but for now these are my 'little' wishes ;) that would make the Spark(LE) even better.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:23:39 pm by Montfrooij »

BuleriaChk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2015, 03:00:17 am »
Is there any way of saving a kit I have created independently of a project? So I can use such a kit with another project?
If not, I would certainly like to see this implemented...

Montfrooij

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2015, 07:47:12 am »
You mean: everything except the sequencer data?
(like the studio tab and the mixer tab)

BuleriaChk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2015, 12:38:26 am »
I would like the ability to set the time signature of a project globally (for all patterns), both for a new project and for a saved 4/4 (e.g, such a setting would cut off the last beat for each measure In each pattern).

Montfrooij

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2016, 10:02:14 pm »
I would love to have the reverb effects also be able to apply to an instrument track, rather than 'just' aux and master.
That way I would be able to add a reverb to the instrument and give that sound a delay effect.

SparkInduction

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2016, 08:16:42 am »
Hello there, Arturia!

Choose "Default Start Mode" to include not only audio out assignment, connect to Host DAW, etc., but also "Legacy" screen mode, or "Studio" mode (break-out panels view, for choice of which of 2 or 3 floating/dockable/resizable? screen views are up simultaneously -- with multi and ultra-wide monitor support, to again accommodate up to "64-step" SEQUENCER (and DAW) display for optimized workflow. Remember some endusers have Retina displays! ;-)

Revisit the virtual "silkscreened" Help "?" labeling on the virtual Spark GUI, updating any obsolete ones (seen across top row on SPARK hardware, if I'm not mistaken); Also, provide clearer more detailed visual guide for the various SHIFT/Press+Twist Jog Dial actions and their respective operational modes.  Much too easy zz forget how to navigate between functions with that strange INSTRUMENTS/ KIT marking on the hardware. It tells us nothing, in the way of which "action" to take, for each of those two, really.

Provide within the Spark GUI, and on the hardware, for each of the 8 channels, virtual/real pad channels, "LED acknowledgement" feedback, when any of the selected channels' encoders are swept back into its "default" position, relative to a project's "saved" state (as others asked for default information being valuable for live performance.

Writing up clearer, more detailed guidance perhaps should be written on the download/installation instructional slip-sheet included in the product box (and in the MY Products area online -- updating or deleting any obsolete instructions that are still online):

Explain what the default file hierarchy is, via a chart (online?) for major components in the Arturia Spark "standard" installation option (especially revising the chart if necessary, after software updates) and when naming presets, follow a more rigid consistent approach for neater file ordering in our folders.
for instance,
Jupiter-8V
Matrix-12 V and
Arp2600 V
...is not a consistent use of dashes and spacing (and the inconsistency gets worse in files' names, within presets subfolders) Who knows if an ongoing culture for more disciplined, neat, consistent approach to even file-naming throughout the range of products might help to minimize software coding errors too.

But that's a relatively trivial matter compared to the need for this:
Routine the enduser can run, to fix a bad software installation.

It's unclear where to store presets and expansion packs. At least provide suggestions in product installation guide.

Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:05:28 am by SparkInduction »

LaserDolphin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ?????
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2016, 02:37:59 am »
I am frustrated...since my huge list 08/2015 and other good ideas, nobody gives any feedback, i think Spark is condemnded to death.
i think i re-sell it and giv other user a chance to make music with Spark-LE.
Nobody seems interessted in our feedback.
Customer Service !!!
--- Hello is anybody outthere? ---

Pls give us a hint. You are interessted to improve SparkLE and Spark 2 or only play with users?
Waste of Time.

I finish my thinking about Spark and Arturia.
I use Spark until i hate it and then good bye.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:40:49 am by LaserDolphin »

LaserDolphin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ?????
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2016, 03:50:33 am »
On sparkLE HW using SELECT & TEMPO to control Shuffle.  ;)

That would be a great addition.

V 2.1.1
New Features
•Step Shift and Repeat Shortcuts for SparkLE : Hold a Step and turn Divide knob to set Repeat or turn Move knob to set Shift.
•SparkLE shortcut: set Shuffle amount with Select + Tempo

Acutal Version is 2.2.0.76, means the Feature is available

matjones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2016, 12:07:20 pm »
Something missing from Spark, apart from song position pointer, is the ability to emulate the clock of vintage drum machines....
A bit part of what made these machines so successful was their clocks instabilities... the linn series in particular, so much so that very often back in the day either a drummer would play just the hihats and cymbals over them or play the whole drum kit along with them.... as 'I feel for you' by Chaka Khan (steve ferrone and a linn LM1) or 'Ain't nobody' (steve ferrone again i think and an Obe DMX)... Arturia has done a fantastic job on the sonic side of things but it's incredibly tricky recreating the groove and feel of them... it would be AWESOME if Arty could add this feature, along with song position pointer, to the sequencer!

fmq75

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2016, 12:20:08 am »
i have not read the whole thread (but the first post) but was this mentioned before?

For the Spark LE controller:

using "select+volume" changes only the volume for the selected instrument!

It's a pita using the touchpad for volume and very imprecise...

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2016, 01:44:22 am »
Hello there, Arturia!

Provide within the Spark GUI, and on the hardware, for each of the 8 channels, virtual/real pad channels, "LED acknowledgement" feedback, when any of the selected channels' encoders are swept back into its "default" position, relative to a project's "saved" state (as others asked for default information being valuable for live performance.

I've been asking for proper LCD feedback for years, I think this is the best we are going to get. Things like the software buttons do more things that the hardware buttons they represent on screen. It's lots of little silly things that make it a pain to use creatively. I think their focus is on just the software and the hardware is an upsale item.     

Writing up clearer, more detailed guidance perhaps should be written on the download/installation instructional slip-sheet included in the product box (and in the MY Products area online -- updating or deleting any obsolete instructions that are still online):

+1

Having had Arturia software installed since about 2000 I've seen the movement of preferences, presets and all other things. This makes upgrades a total pain. New GUI on the newer products which makes sense, but there seems to be no brand attention to these menus.

I use it as if playing live, I have a few legacy (Spark )plug ins in pro tools sessions but gradually taking them out as coupled with Pro Tools virtual instrument woes, they are sometimes woeful.

It's a great sounding unit if you can be bothered to mess around with it. They do like pushing sounds way past 0dB! Some of the kits I swear were mixed by someone with hard of hearing :)

Thanks, Stuart 
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

BuleriaChk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Assign global pattern length to project
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2016, 09:30:03 pm »
One should be able to assign pattern length to a complete project (e.g. 12 steps for 3/4) U=It is a real PITA to have to change them one by one, especially since I use factory patterns for inspiration as well as performance for 3/4 (and other) meter.

Please FIX IT 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:00:03 pm by BuleriaChk »

mixalis

« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »
It would be fantastic if we could use the fx pad to send midi control messages.....  8) 

Example of how it could be useful....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTH0LnvW_M
                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VaGdRrhX6o     ( at 8.15)

Does anyone else uses these programs??

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2016, 10:47:23 pm »
It would be fantastic if we could use the fx pad to send midi control messages.....  8) 

Example of how it could be useful....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTH0LnvW_M
                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VaGdRrhX6o     ( at 8.15)

Does anyone else uses these programs??

I can only speak to using the Spark CDM controller in Reaper, but I can use the XY pad as a MIDI controller. Are you sure you have it enabled in your DAW as a MIDI controller? Generally, to use Spark software itself, it's best to disable general MIDI control and only let your controller talk to the software in their own way, so general MIDI control is off by default.
This space left intentionally blank.

joy20mst

« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2016, 05:03:00 pm »
ADD MORE POWERFUL  GROOVE AND SHUFFLE OPTIONS WITH THE SWING KNOB

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines