March 28, 2024, 09:08:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: NRPN on origin!?!  (Read 4032 times)

u.n.i.t.e.d

NRPN on origin!?!
« on: October 16, 2012, 01:07:38 pm »
hy,i want to know if its possible to control the origin with NRPN-messages from a midi-keyboard. I found some in the midi templates so i hope someone can also tell me how to programm this!

tertior

Re: NRPN on origin!?!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:35:26 pm »
NRPN (LSB, MSB)
Manual Origin Page 184

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:26:37 pm »
my manual just have 164 pages:-) i download the new one but still have no idea how to programm this. I know how to use midi cc but those nrpn a think are much more complicated to programm.i use a novation sl49 mk2 midikeyboard

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 01:55:06 pm »
NRPN and RPN messages are reserved for the Arturia usage. We don't use them so far and they are ignored (or should be...). Once upon a time we wanted to use these messages to edit any parameter from a software editor. Finally we did not write this software editor, and anyway we would likely have used MIDI sysex instead because the size of the sysex would have been just a bit bigger than the NRPN's while providing much more flexibility (we have a huge number of contexts and parameters to manage in order to control the whole machine form an external editor).
Origin Lead  Developer

tomoe97

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 05:45:28 pm »
Does this mean that the Origin software editor project is officially dead? Please say it ain't so! As has been noted elsewhere, programming on the Origin would be greatly facilitated with a software editor akin to what you have created for Spark.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:49:37 pm by tomoe97 »

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 09:57:34 pm »
what a pity,because i,ve heard that its possible with nrpn-messages to reach a resolution from over 16000 steps for the parameters instead the low 127steps from midi. Thats come more close to a analogue feel of making or hear music. Is there a other possibility to reach those high resolution,maybe in combination with the fine button???

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 11:24:23 pm »
^ Since NRPN will not be used for an editor as originally planned, perhaps Arturia can reassign them for user access (like CC) in a future update?

DJ
--

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines