March 28, 2024, 09:21:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Sells New Kits for Spark for $$ ?!  (Read 5545 times)

Jackenite

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arturia Sells New Kits for Spark for $$ ?!
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:52:14 am »
I'm confused, do I have to pay for the new kits for Spark? I already paid 600$ for the Spark...

Forgive my reasoning aloud, but do you expect me (us, the customers) to pay MORE for usable kits for Spark after forking out 600$ for the Spark in the first place?

If this is true I no longer feel that Arturia is a friendly company, it's become a corporation aiming new products at existing customers, and has finally given me enough reasons to sell this Spark.
I gotta get out while I can, before it takes me for everything I got...just to get it sounding and working right.

Sorry guys, I've  had this Spark for 6-7 months (at least), and It's plagued my life and workflow since day one, and I collect drum machines! You can find me all over this forum, and i was a beta tester for 1.5.
Honestly it's only simple sample manipulation/layering and a small handful of TAE Synth drums you can manipulate. Ableton has more sample tweaking options (as an example), and the limited virtual analog drum synthesis does not fit the price tag.

There's so many more excellent products out there to use, that are ready right outta the box...
Dr. MySTERIUM / Dubstep Radio 88.3
check my glitch on Soundcloud

Quad Core AMD Laptop 8 gb RAM win7
Motu Ultralite Hybrid MK3 interface
iconnect midi interface
Ableton, FL 10, Spark, Deckadance
KP3 fx, SH32 synth, Dr 202, AN200
Nocturn / Mini 32 Key/ Stanton Scs.3d
Roland DS-5's / Sony V5

Blue Monster 65

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia Sells New Kits for Spark for $$ ?!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:59:09 pm »
This looks to me like it's a third-party set for the Spark - Kevin or someone else who works for Arturia would be able to answer for sure.

If so, they can charge (or not charge) whatever they like - it's up to them and not Arturia.  Arturia can make us aware of it or not (choosing to host it on their list of available kits). 

I gave the demos a listen and came away none too impressed.  Frankly, if you want new, extra kits, spend some time downloading the free ones TerryM has made for us (look in the Presets Zone).  He's done some great work and really deserves our kudos. 

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:35:18 am »
Hi all,

• Yes this is a third-party company making Hip Hop Essentials.
  • We will certainly provide free kits again in the future ;).
  • Still we don't see the problem with packs on sale. You are free not to purchase the expansion pack, but in any case it is nice to have the choice.
  • Beside that it is also nice to see other companies building soundsets and adding their own flavor to the Spark platform.
  • Finally, let's remind everyone that work cost money, whether this is Arturia or independent musicians. People making sounds have to be paid.
  • This is not because you are purchasing an iPhone that every app comes for free. So why every content related to Spark should be?

Best,
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Schrage Musik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 09:47:44 pm »
I agree with Kevin. I think Spark comes with a good selection of kits, enough to operate  with. Freebies are always nice to have but being paid for work done is also a joy. Remember that, in effect, someone else is paying for our freebies.

SLiC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »
Hi all,

• Yes this is a third-party company making Hip Hop Essentials.
  • We will certainly provide free kits again in the future ;).
  • Still we don't see the problem with packs on sale. You are free not to purchase the expansion pack, but in any case it is nice to have the choice.
  • Beside that it is also nice to see other companies building soundsets and adding their own flavor to the Spark platform.
  • Finally, let's remind everyone that work cost money, whether this is Arturia or independent musicians. People making sounds have to be paid.
  • This is not because you are purchasing an iPhone that every app comes for free. So why every content related to Spark should be?

Best,
Kevin

Absolutely! I think Arturia have been very generous with the free packs- they are under no obligation to do so, when you buy software, buy it for what it is, not what it may become...Now if you realy want to see people raping the 'drum pack' marked, go see the Maschine packs at 49E a pop - they come out 1 a month and never a free one....(I sold my Maschine!)

punkdSICO

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 06:12:34 pm »
..just noticed the new Hip Hop pack.  I think it is pretty good value: 30 kits for 30 Euro..  Also, it is very well presented with all 30 kits having an audio demo (on the Details tab).

If you want people to buy into Spark, you have to open it up to 3rd party developers.  The Hip Hop kit is not my sort of thing but looking forward to see more kits hopefully soon and, for 30euro, I would not hesitate to buy a 30 kit pack if I liked the demos..

Any more packs on the horizon??

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Text SLUT to: 29 7 29 7
Here’s the video:  www.youtu.be/Zl0PTZKy7fg
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Text SLUT to: 29 7 29 7
Here’s the video:  www.youtu.be/Zl0PTZKy7fg

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 05:00:13 am »
I always assumed that Arturia would offer additional Spark kits for sale.  I think it's a pretty good business model.  Currently the Expansion Packs are about thirty bucks each which is cheaper than many commercial sample discs out there.  Samples are actually so abundant that I hope that Spark actually continues to work more on the development of the Physical Model synthesis techniques.  Done well, in my opinion, you can really craft more original sounds that way.  Currently there are no open Hi-Hat, Crash, Clap, Cymbal, (and ironically) Synth Physical Models built into Spark.

dijidave

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 07:49:14 pm »
          "I hope that Spark actually continues to work more on the development of the Physical Model synthesis techniques.  Done well, in my opinion, you can really craft more original sounds that way.  Currently there are no open Hi-Hat, Crash, Clap, Cymbal, (and ironically) Synth Physical Models built into Spark"

+1      ???  ::)  :o  :(   :'(

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 09:06:32 am »
I won't say that there "no open Hi-Hat, Crash, Clap, Cymbal, (and ironically) Synth Physical Models built into Spark".
There are not so much :) and not enough is closer to reality.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

rodanmusic

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 09:25:37 pm »
I personally hope arturia offers some drum packs with synthesized drums that we can purchase.

The more starting base drum synth instruments for us to tweak and have control over, the better!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines