March 28, 2024, 10:04:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audiotioning/Previewing new drum sounds and/or kits before loading ?  (Read 2458 times)

Msculp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi,

Is there a way to preview/audition a sound in the library before assigning it to a pad ? or possibly scrolling through kits to hear how they sound before loading into a project's kit ?   

I would like to be able to scroll (FAST) through a list of sounds in the library, to decide what works well for example for a snare in a certain kit before loading it. This does not seem to be possible at this time. even with version 1.5 (or am I missing something ?)

It seems like you need to load the actual sound one at time which takes a bit of time if you need to audition one of several hundred sounds before deciding to use it on a pad, and the previous sound that was there before loading the new sound on a pad is overwritten,  which slows down the workflow/creativity while working fast.

Also.. Being able to change a whole kit by scrolling through various kits to see how the entire kit sounds while a song/pattern is playing without having to commit to it, since it currently has to load the kit you choose, and there is no way to JUST PREVIEW the results before changing the current kit.

Any feedback on this would be helpful

Cheers,
Mksculp
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:07:07 am by Msculp »

anxiogenn

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Re: Audiotioning/Previewing new drum sounds and/or kits before loading ?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 07:27:39 am »
I'm in the same situation as you, I thought that this feature would be possible on the 1.5 version is not the case

Spark I have from the beginning and I do not understand that this feature is not yet possible

It is the same for the Browser it's a pain to search for sounds not really functional and impractical for me it is the biggest weak point of Spark Kevin would work on the functions of the early

Kevin do you think that the navigation function and loading samples will be improved rapidly in the next update?

You considering a redesign of the software?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 08:49:48 am »
Hi,
this is one of the biggest issue in Spark.
We are considering improving it but I can not tell you when it will be done.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Msculp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 09:53:05 pm »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the positive feedback. 

Well... The sooner the better ;-)

Surely this will improve creative workflow a lot !

Oh.. a fast question :  Is it possible to change the contrast or any other parameter of Spark's LED display ?

Cheers,
Msculp

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:46:35 am »

Oh.. a fast question :  Is it possible to change the contrast or any other parameter of Spark's LED display ?

Cheers,
Msculp

I saw your post on KVR and asked to the hardware engineer.
Unfortunately this is not possible. :(
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines