March 28, 2024, 09:54:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.5 Tune mode and midi keyboard  (Read 3578 times)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
1.5 Tune mode and midi keyboard
« on: October 02, 2012, 06:02:49 pm »
Thanx For 1.5. great update 8)

One thing. I expected that when we go in tune mode we could control the sound by a midi/usb keyboard. I use a factory experience KB. I can reproduce the sounds of the 16 pads of spark on my keyboards keys. What i'd like to have is when i put the tune mode ON, the sound selected on spark can be played on all the keys, chromatically.

I found out that in spark preferences, in the sequencer tab, we can change the tune mode target: pads or sequencer steps. It's by default on sequencer steps. When you put it on PADS mode, then you can play the sound on the keyboard, but only on 16 keys (reproducing the 16 pads). So i'd like is that it plays on all the keys, not only 16.

Can this be done? ( by allowing us the play more than 16 notes at once from one sound, or by creating another entry in the tune mode MODE, ex "external keyboard")

Thanx a lot
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:32:29 pm by rcmusic »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: 1.5 Tune mode and midi keyboard
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:39:08 am »
Unfortunately no.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:26:36 pm »
ok. thanx Kevin

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:16:37 pm »
Hi all,

First, many thanks to Arturia for this great update!!!

But I must say that this "MIDI-external mode" for giving note values would be VERY welcomed feature. I would guess that most of us have MIDI controllers and benefit of them is obvious: MIDI-keyboard would give wider note range, better playing feeling and also velocity values. I really hope that this will be implemented in future. Now it can record pitch values, it should not be that difficult to record them via MIDI, right?

P.S. What is still my fantasy of Spark (standalone app) is its total independence of any DAWS. Two features would make it a perfect tool for live groups for example: 1) Possibility to use all outputs of your soundcard in Spark mixer; 2) Possibility send MIDI data out to hardware synth or (Arturia's) softsynth.

My big fantasy is that Spark standalone could record MIDI-notes and play them back to my Origin (now it can send MIDI clock which is great improvement!).

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 10:26:09 pm »
Actually you can record already with your midi keyboard, but for this you have to put the tune mode in pads mode, see preferences. But you can do this only in the stepsrange of notes, so 16 notes. Can be enough for most bass lines even if a wider range , full range, would nice, but kevin has been clear, unfortunately

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines