March 19, 2024, 11:10:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Firmware Update failed - Minibrute Unresponsive with all lights on  (Read 22218 times)

cjsampson

Hi There

I did a firmware update on my Minibrute, however I was offline, and the updater software hung on 0% for 5 minutes and did nothing.

I restarted the minibrute and now all the lights remain on all the time and it does not respond.

The USB now only detects it as an "updater" in the Device manager and the minibrute software no longer detects the device.

Can I fix this without returning it?  Is there some other software I can download or something?

Side Note:  I tried logging this with tech support under the minibrute section with my registered device, and the ticket fails to load and I do not get a notification email.  It does however say that the ticket was logged and that I should expect a mail.  I did this 5 times without any luck, so supect there may be a glitch in the support system. Check it out

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:08:07 pm by David@Arturia »

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Firmware Update failed - Minibrute Unresponsive with all lights on
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:08:45 pm »
Hi,
try to power up the machine while holding both octave switches. Once done (the 5 octave led should be on), release the switches, start MiniBrute connection Software, It will say it can't find a MiniBrute. Click don't retry. Go to firmware update tab, and press update button.
It should be working

Regarding the support, it been reported yesterday, or system admin is currently working on it....

Let me know
Bruno
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:08:12 pm by David@Arturia »
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

cjsampson

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 04:40:29 pm »
Thank you Bruno. It works perfectly again.

The support calls have come through now and can all be closed. 

Thanks for the help!

virusX

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 01:37:57 pm »
Thank you, this should be a sticky (or a note in firmware update) as I struggled with 1.0.2.1 for hours  >:(

zerocrossing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Even carefully following these instructions it took me a half an hour to get this to work.  What's going on?  This shouldn't be so hard.  >:(

TobyDog

Firmware Update causes Minibrute to produce no sound
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:02:15 pm »
I've done these things and still no sound. Well, I do get some sound for about 20 seconds or so, then it fades out. Everything was working well until I tried to update the firmware. I don't see anyone with this particular issue... Thank you for your help.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
If you machine is not stuck with all octave leds on, I don'"t think it could be related to firmware. Plase open a ticket at the support desk, you'll be guided to figure out what is going on.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Miguel Ferreira

hi,
I'm Miguel Ferreira and i just bougth a Mini Brute.
Yesterday i spent hours trying to connect the mini brute to my pc via usb for update the firmware and setup.
I think there was some sort of conflit with my sound card (Tascam US-428) ou other usb stuff.
I only could make the connection in a older pc that a have, and that resolved it.
I don´t know if it's you that takes care of that, but i'm just sharing the experience.
Hope in the future Arturia have that resolved.
Please don't stop the firmware updates.
It would be great that all the knobs and faders send cc messages, is that possible?

Regards to everyone,
Miguel 

minibrütal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi guys,
today I wanted to play around with my minibrute and it doesnt start...I bought it around 2/2013. I must confess I never used it much so it must be at least 6 months since I used it the last time.
Plugging a usb-cable didn't work, after trying several AC-adapters (all of them 12v/1a) it finally started blinking ....
But I just get a blinking and no sound except for some beeps...
So what might be the problem? Is there a internal battery that ran low in the meantime?
Should I try the update procedure or is it something else?

I made a short video so you can hear and see the problem...

minibrütal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Someone here? ??? ???  ::)

zedius

That is very strange. Are you pressing keys to make the octave lights light up like that? I would say something is definitely wrong there.

minibrütal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
That is very strange. Are you pressing keys to make the octave lights light up like that? I would say something is definitely wrong there.

nope just turned it on and wanted to use the gate and pitch cv-outs... but it won't work. at all. FML.
I guess I can't count on Arturias after over one year .

minibrütal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
any hint what i could try to get my minibrute working again?

JasperHerb

Re: [SOLVED] Firmware Update failed - Minibrute Unresponsive with all lights on
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 06:57:04 pm »
Hello,

I have a similar problem after a failed firmware update on my win 8 pc.

When I boot up the Minibrute even without using the Down and Up Octave Button all octave lights are burning immediately from start (none of the other leds are burning)
 and no sound is produced.Same happens when I do use the up and down buttons during reboot. 

I've tried the above and before described method (as described in the connection manual) but it don't seems to work over here.
I dont get to see the Firmware update tab in the software.When i cancel connecting the message "editing is disabled until a valid connection is made" appears.

I tried this using 2 computers (windows 8.1 and win 7) with all other usb devices disconnected and directly into the usb port (no hubs).

As well over here I see the "Updater" Device in the device manager

*******************EDIT*******************  I have now done the same using the connection v1021 software. On my win 8 pc it got stuck at 0%
on my win 7 pc it worked. Got my MB alive now, but i dont dare to upgrade it to the latest version anymore. *********************************

Many thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 12:30:02 pm by JasperHerb »

woodenfingers

• Apprentice
Hi  !

I have exactly the same problem you have experienced. Two computers win7  & win8 etc

I am keen to try it on the connection v1021 software on the win 7 pc but I don't have the software

Do you have the software so I can try the same ?

Many thanks
Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines