March 28, 2024, 09:31:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems after 1.4 Update  (Read 9963 times)

Spargiulo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Luv Analog!
    • Hey Teacher
Problems after 1.4 Update
« on: August 31, 2012, 09:42:30 am »
Hello everybody.
I just managed to update my Origin Desktop to the latest firmware, using my MacBook pro (snow leopard) and, after completion, i tried to upload the new banks (i.e. Sem ones) and Oxygene4

well, if any preset or combi has a sequence in it, the update fails, on the screen of Origin appears a failure message and a "path", and no way to have it function.
Tried with many sounds, or the standard sound banks.
NO WAY!

In addition to this, my backup done before upgrade, suffers from the same problem.
HELP! ??? ??? ???
I cannot restore my timbres, even i tried to re-upgrade it, but no effect....
Thank to everyone who will help!
Arturia Origin -Korg Kronos - DSI Prophet 08 - Moog LPIIse - Access VirusTI2 Polar - Roland VSYNTH XT , MC808, Korg KP3 Kaossilator Pro

Philippe

Re: Problems after 1.4 Update
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:35:29 am »
Could you catch the message that appeared in the Origin screen and tell it to me?

Also, did you encounter any problems during the update? If you could send me the logs of the update it may give me a hint to where the things went wrong.

To get these logs:
- open Origin Connection
- open the menu File
- select the entry "Open The Logs folder"
- this open a finder window which shows the content of a folder named "Origin Connection". You should find there 2 files and a folder named "log_archives".
- select everything ie the 2 files and the sub folder
- compress them and send me the archive

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:49:39 am by Philippe »
Origin Lead  Developer

Spargiulo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Luv Analog!
    • Hey Teacher
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 10:54:35 am »
Thank you for the kind reply.

I will send you the logs, meanwhile i tried to use OriginConnection on a Pc Windows XP, and... well, it's the same. I didn't try to make the update using Xp, but don't know if it could make any difference.

I did not get any error during the update process both time i tried.. then error message i get is:

../../RackArturia_specific/RackArturiaMidiManager.cpp

ASSERT: uid_check (and a symbol  like ut one over another)

:'(
Arturia Origin -Korg Kronos - DSI Prophet 08 - Moog LPIIse - Access VirusTI2 Polar - Roland VSYNTH XT , MC808, Korg KP3 Kaossilator Pro

Spargiulo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Luv Analog!
    • Hey Teacher
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 04:18:02 pm »
Could you catch the message that appeared in the Origin screen and tell it to me?

Also, did you encounter any problems during the update? If you could send me the logs of the update it may give me a hint to where the things went wrong.

To get these logs:
- open Origin Connection
- open the menu File
- select the entry "Open The Logs folder"
- this open a finder window which shows the content of a folder named "Origin Connection". You should find there 2 files and a folder named "log_archives".
- select everything ie the 2 files and the sub folder
- compress them and send me the archive

Thanks
here you are my logs! thank you very much ;D

Spargiulo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Luv Analog!
    • Hey Teacher
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »
 ??? no news?

can i try do downgrade to previous firmware?

tertior

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:55:49 pm »
Yes you can; don't forget to take the 1.35 origin connection for this.
No sure that downgrade resolve it ?
Before update delete the news bank of 1.4
And whether you are not pressed ,wait answer of Arturia

Spargiulo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Luv Analog!
    • Hey Teacher
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 08:53:44 am »
Thank you! i'll try.... hope to get my backup sounds working again!

It's so strange to be the only one who have this problem, that either it's a dumb one or a very bad one i think... :P

Philippe

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:25:45 am »
You can downgrade to 1.3.50 but you must use the Origin Connection 1.4 for that because OC checks that its own version is greater or equal than the firmware one.

I looked at the logs you sent me and found nothing inside that can explain your problem.

Did you try to restart the update, just in case?
Origin Lead  Developer

Spargiulo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Luv Analog!
    • Hey Teacher
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:44 am »
I will try to do the update on a different pc, that's the only method i didn't tried by now...

thank you, i'll keep you informed

Spargiulo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Luv Analog!
    • Hey Teacher
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 09:47:45 am »
I will try to do the update on a different pc, that's the only method i didn't tried by now...

thank you, i'll keep you informed

Downgraded from 1.4 to 1.3, all the Prog/Multi converted during 1.4 process don't work (error on display of origin with several writings on it...) I tried to upload the Jarre patch in 1.3 mode, no errors but it does not play anything..

I'm getting frustrated and bored, the Origin connection is a real piece of c..p compared to any other editor-librarian (just for adding a combi makes me an headache) and all looks fragile and unsecure.
Is there any way to have the module FACTORY RESET , so i can start from zero ? every time i did the up/downgrade the module kept my favourites and previously uploaded sounds, even if i choose the "install factory sounds" ...

Getting stuck, and sad to say, thinking to give it away....

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 06:30:05 pm »

Now that you've downgraded to 1.3, can you try re-upgrading to 1.4 and see what happens?

Hakon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 02:32:55 pm »
Hi

> i tried to upload the new banks (i.e. Sem ones) and Oxygene4

I just cpmpleted the upgrade to 1.4 and saw no sign of any SEM banks? Where are they?

regards
Håkon

Spargiulo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Luv Analog!
    • Hey Teacher
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 07:19:40 pm »
 >:( >:( >:( >:(

well, after erasing all presets, downgrading to 1.3.5, the "top" of the  show was having errors wher recalling presets (errors on the Origin Display....no comment)

i tried ti re-upgrade still to 1.3.5 but with the Old Origin connection too, then (always without restoring any backup) go to 1.4

??? why when i erase presets, then do syncing, they pop-up again?
 ??? why when i load some banks, Origin come out with  errors on the display ? (tried last one you put on the website, and my troubled "Oxygene2" writes only 2 of the 4 timbres in the combi, it seems he don't like the two "pads"....

Ok , since there is no way to do a low-level reset (whene i do refresh, the deletet timbres keeps to zombie-come-to-life) or a Factory reset, i'll do a Hardware Reset: gonna sell it, i have non time to spend in such angry-time-spending things, just got my Kronos, and what they sell, they give: i'm sad about it, but i prefer a wotking and doing-its-job instrument, not an eternal beta hardware that promises paradise and make hell out of me...

tertior

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 07:59:00 pm »
if there was no interruption when you upgrade the first time, the origin is good now I think it is clear that the multis contain the presets that you have already cleared and can pop up. I do not see the problem, unless there during an update he has a loading problem , I do not see.
And honnestly if you delete preset , multi and sequence and load  only some preset of release 1.3 and you see  yet a problem, send your Origin to Arturia.
If it 's not a firmware problem so you have a problem with your bank(preset,multi,sequence)
I'm not a expert but it's logical and i don't speak english
There is a reset button on the card inside the origin?
and is it possible to reload a firmware ?
I think so, but it is  Arturia who do it ...
Sincerely I hope to help you

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 09:35:46 pm »
I too have had my problems with Origin. I even had to take back my first unit and cancel the deal. Still I gave it a second chance and I am glad I did. It's the best synth I've ever owned. I know this is a very subject statement but for me and my purposes, it really is.

All this been said, I agree that preset management is pain with O. I've writen dozend of posts about that. Hope they will make it more useful...

Still I'd say that don't give up very easily with your Origin!! It's not perfect (which synth is, if I may ask...?), but there are too many good things with it. One marvelous thing is its amazigly huge modular structure which is still amazingly easy to program...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:56:23 pm by JacksonP »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines